There are newer employer reviews for FICO

Bureaucratic and poor quality senior management

Former Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at FICO full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good work life balance with lots of opportunities to work from home. Some really interesting projects.

Cons

Poor quality senior management, very bureaucratic, little strategic guidance and very hard to get things done. Regularly buy companies that are quick fixes to big problems but don't address the long term issues. Departments tend to be silos with little coordination between them. Regular rounds of redundancies. Pay rises and bonuses are intermittent. Generally pay is uncompetitive and recruiting good staff tricky.

Other Employee Reviews for FICO

Overall good experience but too much uncertainty

I worked at FICO full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Engineers, Good HR policies, rather among the best HR policies in Bangalore. More than average benefits, ample parking, free lunch and nice office location!

Cons

(A) Extremely incompetent and biased top management. (B) Very difficult to deliver product owing to inherent red-tapism. (C) Confused and sluggish Product Management.

Advice to Management

Please go somewhere else and settle your political scores.

2. Good company, but very short-sighted approach

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at FICO full-time

Pros

In particular, when I first joined, FICO had a wonderful reputation with excellent software and analytics capability. Generally, the working environment is good and the flexbility with working hours and telecommuting was great.

Cons

Some of the senior management team, particularly in APAC just don't seem to have a clue about our business and it shows in terms of the lack of real direction or leadership. Dealings with HR were awful!!!!

Advice to Management

Previously there seemed to be a known direction and an investment in research and dev. Somewhere along the road, we lost this direction and too many decisions are made with short term focus only being considered. Please address and do not let our best people leave.