FICO

www.fico.com

Bureaucratic and poor quality senior management

Former Employee - Manager  in  London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)

Pros

Good work life balance with lots of opportunities to work from home.
Some really interesting projects.

Cons

Poor quality senior management, very bureaucratic, little strategic guidance and very hard to get things done.
Regularly buy companies that are quick fixes to big problems but don't address the long term issues.
Departments tend to be silos with little coordination between them.
Regular rounds of redundancies.
Pay rises and bonuses are intermittent. Generally pay is uncompetitive and recruiting good staff tricky.

Other reviews for FICO

Nice company to work with

Former Employee - Software Engineer II  in  Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer II in Bangalore (India)

Pros

Superb work culture, work life balance is simply awesome, very helpful management

Cons

Well for me it is that the company provides u the culture... which u wish to get when u move to other company

I was with the company for almost four years and in that period, lots of policy changed to lesser employee centric thus loosing one of its best qualities

Good company, but very short-sighted approach

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Pros

In particular, when I first joined, FICO had a wonderful reputation with excellent software and analytics capability.
    Generally, the working environment is good and the flexbility with working hours and telecommuting was great.

Cons

Some of the senior management team, particularly in APAC just don't seem to have a clue about our business and it shows in terms of the lack of real direction or leadership.

Dealings with HR were awful!!!!

Previously there seemed to be a known direction and an investment in research and dev. Somewhere along the road, we lost this direction and too many decisions are made with short term focus only being considered. Please address and do not let our best people leave.

There are newer employer reviews for FICO.

Worked for FICO? Contribute to the Community!