FIJI Water

I had a great experience interning during Fashion Week

Former Employee - Fashion Week Intern in Manassas, VA
Former Employee - Fashion Week Intern in Manassas, VA

I worked at FIJI Water

Pros

I worked for Fiji Water during NY Fashion Week and it was a great way to see a variety of fashion shows I never would have been able to see otherwise. They took us out to lunch and dinner regularly and I was provided a year of free Fiji Water delivered to my door.

Cons

The fashion week internship was unpaid, and provided no housing stipend since it was in NYC. This was really an excuse for them to have pretty girls hand out their water to celebrities and other fashion industry professionals, without having to pay anyone to do so. But if you want to attend fashion week it's a remarkable opportunity. I was not able to network or gain professionally from the internship as they promised.

The two people leading the 4 interns were fun and organized and were really a pleasure to work with. Asside from one snafu that resulted from miscommunication, I think they were donig a great job.

16 Other Employee Reviews for FIJI Water (View Most Recent)

District Manager

I have been working at FIJI Water

Pros

They have a great product and is a great place to gain experience in a variety of different roles. They also have great benefits>

Cons

There is constant change in management styles, ideas, and objectives. Communication is often lacking. The company as a whole is very unstable.

They need to keep and promote more business minded individuals and ended all of the political games. They also need to properly evaluate peoples strengths and weaknesses

Fun and exciting company to work for.

I have been working at FIJI Water full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I like selling a well-known, premium artisan water. The benefits are great. The employee discount does not just apply to Fiji Water, but to other Roll Global brands that I may not directly sell in my portfolio. For example, Teleflora is a Roll Global company and even though I work for Fiji Water I can still receive a discount through Teleflora, which is especially nice during the holidays. Also, the holiday care package sent out this season was so cute. There was an audio card, Fiji Water, oranges and pomegranates, and pistachios and almonds. It was a wonderful holiday gift. So many companys don't send such nice packages to their employees during the holiday season. Also, Roll Global gave me $1000 to spend on my choice of charity (as long as it is approved). I chose a dog rescue program near me that saves dogs from kill shelters and also focuses on rescuing dogs from dog fights, like pitbull fighting. I had to submit it for approval and it was approved. If you don't have a specific charity in mind the company has a website where you can search for causes and pick one. The bonus at the end of the year if you hit your numbers is great too. The numbers are attainable too. Also, the company promotes from within as much as possible. This is nice because I can see room to grow and can see my time with the company as a worthwhile investment in my career. The company also flew my team and I out to Justin Vineyards in CA for a few days. The goal was to tour the vineyard and return home with more knowledge about the winemaking process and values behind Justin wines. I hope to visit Landmark Vineyards soon. If you work with the company long enough they eventually send every employee to Fiji to see where the water is bottled and how Fiji Water gives back to the community in Fiji.

Cons

I'd like more training initially. My first couple months were trial by fire, so to speak. Also, I drive a lot for my job. I average about 2000 miles per month. I also work weekends occasionally to host wine tastings and such. They are only a few hours long so I don't mind, and I probably worked the weekend about 15 times out of the entire year. I also don't mind spending lots of time in the car. If I don't have any phone calls to make for work (blue tooth audio a must) then I can pop in an audio book.

It would be nice to have more training available to new hires. A weekend seminar, or even just a webinar or online video series would be great. I know there are lots of opportunities to continue learning while employeed with Fiji, but for new hires specifically I think more traning should be available.

There are newer employer reviews for FIJI Water