FIJI Water

Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for FIJI Water

District Manager

I have been working at FIJI Water

Pros

They have a great product and is a great place to gain experience in a variety of different roles. They also have great benefits>

Cons

There is constant change in management styles, ideas, and objectives. Communication is often lacking. The company as a whole is very unstable.

They need to keep and promote more business minded individuals and ended all of the political games. They also need to properly evaluate peoples strengths and weaknesses

16 Other Employee Reviews for FIJI Water (View Most Recent)

Fun and exciting company to work for.

I have been working at FIJI Water full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I like selling a well-known, premium artisan water. The benefits are great. The employee discount does not just apply to Fiji Water, but to other Roll Global brands that I may not directly sell in my portfolio. For example, Teleflora is a Roll Global company and even though I work for Fiji Water I can still receive a discount through Teleflora, which is especially nice during the holidays. Also, the holiday care package sent out this season was so cute. There was an audio card, Fiji Water, oranges and pomegranates, and pistachios and almonds. It was a wonderful holiday gift. So many companys don't send such nice packages to their employees during the holiday season. Also, Roll Global gave me $1000 to spend on my choice of charity (as long as it is approved). I chose a dog rescue program near me that saves dogs from kill shelters and also focuses on rescuing dogs from dog fights, like pitbull fighting. I had to submit it for approval and it was approved. If you don't have a specific charity in mind the company has a website where you can search for causes and pick one. The bonus at the end of the year if you hit your numbers is great too. The numbers are attainable too. Also, the company promotes from within as much as possible. This is nice because I can see room to grow and can see my time with the company as a worthwhile investment in my career. The company also flew my team and I out to Justin Vineyards in CA for a few days. The goal was to tour the vineyard and return home with more knowledge about the winemaking process and values behind Justin wines. I hope to visit Landmark Vineyards soon. If you work with the company long enough they eventually send every employee to Fiji to see where the water is bottled and how Fiji Water gives back to the community in Fiji.

Cons

I'd like more training initially. My first couple months were trial by fire, so to speak. Also, I drive a lot for my job. I average about 2000 miles per month. I also work weekends occasionally to host wine tastings and such. They are only a few hours long so I don't mind, and I probably worked the weekend about 15 times out of the entire year. I also don't mind spending lots of time in the car. If I don't have any phone calls to make for work (blue tooth audio a must) then I can pop in an audio book.

It would be nice to have more training available to new hires. A weekend seminar, or even just a webinar or online video series would be great. I know there are lots of opportunities to continue learning while employeed with Fiji, but for new hires specifically I think more traning should be available.

A start to a career in the industry at a financially solid company...experienced professionals should not apply.

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I worked at FIJI Water full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great co-workers and support staff, financially well backed and competitive products, great benefits. Company gives each employee $1000 per year for donation to the charity of their choice.

Cons

Obscene amounts of minutiae, last minute course changes and fire drills weekly, trial by fire management style. Upper management politics and egos are out of control, stifling smart business development and employee morale. Compensation is not commensurate with responsibilities or industry average. The company and its ownership do not value the great talent they have, and make that very clear on a regular basis.

Consult with the staff on your team to create plans, then pick a course and stick to it. Stop squabbling among each other. Invest in tracking and budgeting technology that will eliminate the obscene amount of reporting. Value your good workers, there are better companies out there looking for good talent.

There are newer employer reviews for FIJI Water