FINRA

www.finra.org

The Longer You Stay, The Worse You Will Feel

Regulatory Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThere is good work life balance for sure. Benefits are superb. Pay while not so generous is good for the amount of work you need to do.

ConsManagement in my particular department, from middle to senior, is very out of touch with their subordinates. In addition very few of them are willing to put themselves on the line to make very much needed moves to push the company forward. Garbage in garbage out is too often the way our surveillances are run, but no one in a position of authority tries to rectify these obvious issues. Passing the buck seems to be the M.O. of most of management here. I have never worked at a company where there is such rampant C.Y.A. in action.

The lack of a true meritocracy system when it comes to rewarding hard work tends to ensure that most employees will not give their best effort once they wise up to the way things operate at the company. The underperfomers make out the best because more often than not, the high perfomers end up pitching in to make up for the underperformers ineptness to help meet departmental goals.

Work progress moves at a snail's pace, and more often than not, very arbitrarily. It's not uncommon to bring investigations close to the finish line and then have it sit an additional several months with management before it's closed. Management is definitely the bottleneck. I say this sarcastically, but it seems like once you get to be a manager, you are obligated to ramp up your laziness exponentially.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn some real management skills. Lead with conviction, not wishy-washiness.

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Regulatory Analyst (Former Employee) Rockville, MD

I worked at FINRA full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Decent job security, fairly competitive pay, free parking if you… Cons: FINRA promotes itself as family friendly/flexible, but it's not. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

My Experience at FINRA

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at FINRA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: You have the opportunity to learn professional skills. Cons: There is no downside to working here. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on FINRA.

Worked for FINRA? Contribute to the Community!