FINRA

There are newer employer reviews for FINRA

The Longer You Stay, The Worse You Will Feel

Current Employee - Regulatory Analyst in New York, NY
Current Employee - Regulatory Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at FINRA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is good work life balance for sure. Benefits are superb. Pay while not so generous is good for the amount of work you need to do.

Cons

Management in my particular department, from middle to senior, is very out of touch with their subordinates. In addition very few of them are willing to put themselves on the line to make very much needed moves to push the company forward. Garbage in garbage out is too often the way our surveillances are run, but no one in a position of authority tries to rectify these obvious issues. Passing the buck seems to be the M.O. of most of management here. I have never worked at a company where there is such rampant C.Y.A. in action.

The lack of a true meritocracy system when it comes to rewarding hard work tends to ensure that most employees will not give their best effort once they wise up to the way things operate at the company. The underperfomers make out the best because more often than not, the high perfomers end up pitching in to make up for the underperformers ineptness to help meet departmental goals.

Work progress moves at a snail's pace, and more often than not, very arbitrarily. It's not uncommon to bring investigations close to the finish line and then have it sit an additional several months with management before it's closed. Management is definitely the bottleneck. I say this sarcastically, but it seems like once you get to be a manager, you are obligated to ramp up your laziness exponentially.

Learn some real management skills. Lead with conviction, not wishy-washiness.

179 Other Employee Reviews for FINRA (View Most Recent)

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Former Employee - Regulatory Analyst in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Regulatory Analyst in Rockville, MD

I worked at FINRA full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Decent job security, fairly competitive pay, free parking if you work in Rockville office.

Cons

FINRA promotes itself as family friendly/flexible, but it's not.

My Experience at FINRA

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at FINRA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You have the opportunity to learn professional skills.

Cons

There is no downside to working here.

There are newer employer reviews for FINRA