There are newer employer reviews for FIS

fast paced, high demand environment

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst II in Menomonee Falls, WI
Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst II in Menomonee Falls, WI

I have been working at FIS

Pros

work is challenging and management recognizes the hard work their employees do every day (at least in my experience).

Cons

The large company (30,000+ employees) mentality has gotten the best of the corporation as a whole, and at many times you can feel like just a number.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Excellent teamwork, Poor communication between management, After 5 months I was still not added to the email. Poor CS.

Former Employee - Implementation Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Implementation Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at FIS

Pros

Management is there if you need to talk w/them. Nice people. The team I worked on provided excellent teamwork. They were the best. I learned soooo much.

Cons

I think the immediate supervisor's are left in the dark as what to expect next.
    I was the only contractor there. I never knew what was going on in the company.
    The worse communication between everyone. I loved the job until my supervisor left 2 months after I got there. I was actually yelled out. I was told I couldn't go to the doctor so I had to call in sick to go see her. They knew I wanted to stay on and hired new people before me. Very disappointed.

Advice to Management

This is not ad-vice: These are just my words. Customer Service is number 1. Customer Service is the key to an excellent company. Not just the person you are talking to at the end of a phone line but everyone person you work with, come in contact with, whether its work or not. Every single one of us is a customer.

I can't offer ad-vice to leadership. They either know or don't know.

Extremely lacking and needlessly stressful.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Little Rock, AR

I worked at FIS

Pros

The pay is decent compared to most jobs in the area. I was extremely happy to be hired on at 11.00 per hour. However, once I began working I realized the pay can hardly compensate for the job itself. The hours were awful and based on a "bidding system." As a new hire, I was stuck with my original shift (working until 11pm) for several months. Overtime became incessant due to the constant firing of employees - usually for ridiculous reasons. There was no sense of appreciation towards employees. The benefits package is fair - the vision and dental especially but since the change in policies for medical happened at the beginning of this year, I dropped my insurance "coverage" because it didn't seem to "cover" anything.

Cons

Hours are pretty dismal unless you happen to get a good shift. I believe new hires are now being signed in at 9.00 an hour which is incredibly low for the call center industry. Insurance benefits have declined. Management seems scatter-brained and doesn't seem to be helpful at all. The department itself is slowly wilting away as more and more people quit or are fired at a whim of management and HR. Very strict rules regarding food and beverages at your desk, attendance (which is understandable). The mood of the company itself is extremely condescending. They seem to talk down to you simply because you work in a call center.

Advice to Management

Take time to appreciate your employees. Try to stop being so rude and condescending to your workers. Give back the trashcans! Make employees aware of ALL policies before training is over instead of firing people for breaking obscure policies with loose language.