FIS

www.fisglobal.com
There are newer employer reviews for FIS

Good place to work

I have been working at FIS full-time

Pros

Steady, good work/life balance. Decent managers

Cons

As with any employer, its easier to see the cons than the pros. I'd say it's stagnant. Technology is dated. No bonuses.

None I can think of

577 Other Employee Reviews for FIS (View Most Recent)

In a downward spiral

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst I in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst I in Malvern, PA

I have been working at FIS full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's a good starter platform for people fresh out of college. A few departments are flexible.

Cons

The work environment at FIS has been in a nose dive over the last year or two. We've been turning record profits, yet executive-level management has been beating employees down and treating us terribly. Many programmers have started leaving the company for fair pay, often getting offers 20K greater than what they make at FIS. Not to mention the amount of security placed on our outdated machines slows the actual work to a crawl.

Stop treating employees like trash. Compensate competitively. We're turning huge profits for you, it's time you let us see some of the fruit of our labors.

Lack of Management Communications

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst Specialist in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst Specialist in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at FIS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Co-workers are friendly and helpful. Some of the employee perks are great, like the fitness center, Ford auto purchase discount, area merchant discounts.

Cons

There is a very bad lacking of communication within the different departments. They will work you until you drop, with no recognition of work well done or for the extra hours you put in to make sure things run as smooth as possible. The I want it yesterday mentality, everything is alway a rush, but takes weeks to implement in to production.

Communicate with your team and other departments that any changes may affect. Thoroughly test proposed changes before implementing them into production for errors and possible breakage of other apps and processes.

There are newer employer reviews for FIS