FIS

There are newer employer reviews for FIS

Everyone Treated Equally

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at FIS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Stable company in financial software.

Cons

Some not all of the upper management is not fair to all employees; discrimination and don't give others a chance to excel. Particular manager (in the Dallas area) always talk down to others; especially Africa Americans.

Be fair to all. I know that HR is aware of this and turns a death ear to it. How sad.

600 Other Employee Reviews for FIS (View Most Recent)

The FIS Tornado and It's Path of Destruction

I worked at FIS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I loved my job and my co-workers when we were still Certegy.
    I initially thought that FIS might bring some more career advancement opportunities.

Cons

1. FIS Promptly announced the closing of the Madison, WI office (350 jobs) - Madison had the highest client satisfaction & ratings (97%) consistently and also had the most experienced and highly regarded staff within Certegy.
    2. Blatant disregard for employees/clients of Certegy. Only saw us as numbers and dollar signs.
    3. Certegy owned our building & FIS saw that as a nice cash windfall for them.
    4. FIS did not follow advice of current company on how to transition to new structure that FIS designed with minimal consulting of Certegy employees on our processes & procedures. FIS had no experience with cards processing. It was a complete disaster and resulted in 25% of Certegy's clients deconverting and taking their business to other processors.
    5. As FIS restructed departments and integrated them into FIS departments, they downsized Certegy staff which in turn would then increase another Certegy staff member's work load to compensate for the loss of that person. By the time they were done with my department, I was handling the workload of 3 people and working 60 - 70 weeks regularly. This caused me some major health issues as well as relationship issues at home. In the end, I was laid off which came as a welcome release!
    6. During the transition when I was integrated into an existing FIS team, it took a very long time to feel like I was a part of the group. We had conference calls with other teams that we had interactions with and I could not believe how badly they treated each other - they'd yell and scream (loudly - to the point where I'd have to turn the volume way down), point the finger and blame, back-stab if a person wasn't there, threaten each other, say they were going to tell upper management, etc. It was awful!
    7. During the transition, I spoke to a few different people who were also from other companies that FIS had bought out. They all had the same stories and issues as I have listed above.
    8. While FIS may have brought a few more career opportunities with it, the "personality", integrity, and character of its' employees are so sub-standard that it outweighs any possible benefits of working for them in my opinion.

Respect employees as people and not dollar signs and numbers. Allow employees to balance their home and work lives appropiately so as not to burn them out and also to prevent illnesses that accompany high stress jobs with long work hours!

Somewhat Organized Chaos, I guess would be the best way to explain it

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at FIS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

To gain experience, make friends, a good place to work until you can find something else, It will keep your lights on and rent paid.

Cons

wages, supervisors knowledge,systems do not operate properly,Overtime, Favoritism, If you need to have a job and you can handle all of the above and plus then go for it .I personally, want to work for an employer who actually follows there hand book and sticks to it.

If the CEO truley cares abouth the growth of the company they need to look in on the St. Pete office, there is a reason for the attrition in employees,

There are newer employer reviews for FIS