FM Facility Maintenance

Good work atmosphere

Current Employee - Client Specialist in Hartford, CT
Current Employee - Client Specialist in Hartford, CT

I have been working at FM Facility Maintenance

Pros

Most everyone is friendly and will help you out. Management in training program can help you move into different departments in the company.

Cons

Shifts run from 7am and 10pm at night. You have to work every weekend.

None.

23 Other Employee Reviews for FM Facility Maintenance (View Most Recent)

Not an Employer of Choice Candidate...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I have been working at FM Facility Maintenance

Pros

Growing company, e.g., adding accounts to portfolio

Cons

No direction, no identity. Each department has their own idea of direction which leads to poor communication, confusion. Very limited advancement opportunities within the company. They would rather hire from the outside...there are some very talented individuals that are not getting a fair shake. Employee's dissastisfied and very frustrated..."why bother" attitude. Veiled threat to outsource certain departments function.

Develop the talent that exists. Employess notice when outside hires come in and for a lot more money than what they're getting paid. Bonuses and incentives were taken away without adivising the company employee's why. if you had stated "due to the current economic climate..." the employee's would understand. Yet senior management go to an offsite retreat to a resort in VT..not cool and a slap in the face. If you needed to be offsite to develop a company plan go across the river to the Sheraton and rent a conference room for a few days. That would show you're serious about being fiscally responsible to your employee's!

Want to work 70 hours a week for dirt pay? Come to FM

I have been working at FM Facility Maintenance

Pros

I'm pretty sure that the only pro to this company is my coworkers.

Cons

Every day I get the painful feeling in the pit of my stomach when I walk through the door. The place makes me sick. The lack of communication and the constant need to point fingers at who did what wrong is disgraceful. An idea is sold to the client without the sales team knowing how to follow through with it, suddenly it is the account teams fault for not being able to meet our goal with the client. The sourcing team bids out a pm to a SP and discusses the payment terms of X amount of days knowing it is double that amount and suddenly it is AP's fault for not paying the SP on time. This goes on for all departments every day. Since any specific department doesn't want to be blamed for a client or service provider being pissed off, the blame keeps going around in circles, no changes are made and the same mistakes occur again.

Every department continues to have employees laid off, quit or fired, and instead of filling the positions, the responsibility of that person is dropped on someone else who is already overwhelmed and over worked. The majority of the jobs are salary/on call positions and you are looked at as a poor worker if you don't work the weekend or on your day off. Planned time off doesn't mean anything to any boss at this place.

The MIT program is another great idea that was put in place for new hires to feel special. I love that most of them realize how much of a joke it is. I believe that they were brought in because upper management didn't have confidence in the current employees. Well guess what all of the ideas that the MIT's brought to the table during the special meetings came from the current employees. It was so great to hear that upper management loved the ideas and wanted to put them in place. A good majority of the MIT's are really smart and great to work with but there are others that have no idea what they are doing yet they are making the same amount of money as the current employees who are working 70+ hours a week to do what they need to do to make the client and service providers happy.

Start paying more attention to your current employees. Start promoting within because someone who has gone through different departments will know what actions will effect what departments. Start communicating more and make it mandatory for the communication to be filtered down. Especially when a new client is coming on board. It is nice to share the information with the rest of the class. Stop overwhelming people with so much responsibility if you are not going to compensate them appropriately. Stop making promises about raises and incentives if they are not going to be followed through on.

There are newer employer reviews for FM Facility Maintenance