FMC

www.fmc.com

Rewarding work for a narcissistic management team focused on tormenting employees to 'foster growth'.

Agriculture Products (Former Employee) Ewing, NJ

ProsAntiquated culture in R&D, NPD process present great opportunities to generate new business.
Many hard working, dedicated employees.
Lots of long-tenured employees lend stability.
High technical skill set and training within the work force

ConsManagenent believes in 'chaos' theory to drive innovation - meaning they throw everyone and everything into chaos with frequent plan, scope, market changes to 'keep you sharp'.
FMC = Forever Making Changes
Core management team is condescending, aggressive, demeaning, and confrontational - labeling it the FMC way it's a corporate value to be abrasive... the S. Philly HQ fits in geography and attitude.
Management is susceptible to flashy stories and scenarios regardless of relationship to outcomes, prior performance. Often degrees, appearances matter more than results and have more credibility.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend less time protecting the inner circle and more time on high value contributors. Don't protect bad employees just because they've crossed the magical 7-year tenure threshold. Don't move problem managers around because they are in the circle but leave a disaster of dismissals, declining performance, and damaged employees in their wake. Don't buy the story - focus on results.

Good growth for the company, not much room for internal talent development

Business Planner (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at FMC full-time for more than a year

Pros: Promising future and opportunities due to retirement of many positions… Cons: Low focus in talent development, unclear or non-existent career plans High stress due to high expectations and… Advice to Senior Management: Diversity should be fostered! More

Large corporate culture, can be good and bad

I have been working at FMC full-time

Pros: Growing markets I I I I I I I I I… Cons: Selective career opportunities I I I I I I I… Advice to Senior Management: More visibility company wide Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on FMC.

Worked for FMC? Contribute to the Community!