There are newer employer reviews for FMC Technologies

Receptionist in the After Market Department

Former Employee - Receptionist  in  Houston, TX
Former Employee - Receptionist in Houston, TX

I worked at FMC Technologies as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

It's an awesome company, I still check out their website and I feel I belong there.

Cons

The position was a temp job and I really wanted the job to be permanent.

Always hire the person that think very highly of your company because they'll be there forever, always do a great job because they are proud to be there and always offer a helping hand when needed.

195 Other Employee Reviews for FMC Technologies (View Most Recent)

NA

I worked at FMC Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nothing really positive to say about this company. NA

Cons

I will not say anything negative abobut this company.

Interesting work and great people, but below average benefits and terrible-to-nonexistent employee satisfaction efforts

Current Employee - Product Engineer II  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Product Engineer II in Houston, TX

I have been working at FMC Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

As an engineer the products are interesting; you will design equipment that has to withstand freezing external temps and 350F internal temps and pressures upwards of 15,000 psi all the while having minimal access due to it being installed 10,000ft below sea level.

The people at FMC are great. A mostly young core of people from new grads to about the early 30's with a sprinkling of "grey beards" to soak knowledge up from.

Cons

The bonus at FMC is the same percentage company-wide which will make you struggle to find motivation to work harder since it is not tied to your personal performance. There is also a special incentive program offered only to "highly valuable" employees and management on up, though noone will admit to it.

The company's efforts in the area of employee satisfaction are painfully lacking. In the quest to meet investor expectations, teambuilding events have been cancelled and managers will tell employees "the expectation is that everyone works more than 8 hours a day." Despite the empty threats, most people typically do great work in an 8 hour day and go home so, at least as of the writing of this review, work-life balance is good.

Put more value on retaining talent.

Money spent on teambuilding is a worthwhile endeavour that will increase comradery and team synergy.

Tying an employee's bonus directly to his/her work is much more motivational than a blanket percentage company-wide.

There are newer employer reviews for FMC Technologies

Worked for FMC Technologies? Contribute to the Community!