FOX Broadcasting

www.fox.com
  www.fox.com
There are newer employer reviews for FOX Broadcasting

Great place to START a career, not a great place to pursue a career..

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at FOX Broadcasting full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Received great training there. There are classes available and networks to be forged. You get best practices engrained in you for future jobs. Campus is nice, you have great places to eat. Great location overall. Facilities are top notch.

Cons

Once you move up among the ranks you will clearly see an "old boys club". Politics is a 9, on a scale of 1-10. (not a bad thing for me, I'm a politician but tough for quiet people). Divisions are treated like silos. You have to be aggressive to move into other divisions or network cross functionally. It's a good place to work which is bad, you can end up staying there for life. I said good, not great. You have to move-up or move out, life is short.

Human Resources department needs some restructuring. A lot of restructuring.....

96 Other Employee Reviews for FOX Broadcasting (View Most Recent)

Cheap Employer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at FOX Broadcasting full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Big company experience, if your looking for that.

Cons

-Profits over employees
    -Professional growth is inhibited
    -They support a specific sect of people who they want to see grow
    -Work is not stimulating

Stop being over paranoid
    -Stop being cheap

Great on a resume - but don't expect to work with Fox after your internship.

Former Employee - Photography Intern in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Photography Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at FOX Broadcasting

Pros

- Huge plus for anyone's resume.
    - Once in a lifetime experiences.
    - Perks.
    - Rubbing shoulders with celebs and big wigs.

Cons

- As an intern you're a mule. They really want you to do a ton of mindless work with little praise ever given. My internship was supposed to have a lot of creative opportunity, it didn't.
    - You honestly don't learn from management when you're an intern. The dream of every intern is to be fostered by a manager so that you can pick up more experience and really develop as a person. Your manager will likely be focused on other "more important" things, so don't expect attention.
    - As I explored the backgrounds of the people I was working with it became rapidly apparent that, much like everything else in show business, it's not about what you know but WHO you know. Most of the people working in positions of any real worth are friends of so and so, or their husband works in ... etc...

Not that they will EVER listen to this but -- Invest more into your internship programs and create an organization that raises up the talent of the next generation, instead of crushing their souls with your egos.

There are newer employer reviews for FOX Broadcasting