There are newer employer reviews for FOX Broadcasting

Good opportunities for self motivated people, work hard play hard

I have been working at FOX Broadcasting full-time

Pros

Fox has lots of opportunities for growth for people who are passionate about their work and Fox's product. Excellence is demanded at all levels, and people who step up are able to grow and thrive at Fox.

Cons

Fox is not for everyone, people who are not dedicated to producing the finest and most professional product may find Fox's work environment tough.

reviews filtered by
  1. Heavily outsourced IT with FG trying to suck us up.

Former Contractor - Systems Engineer in Century City, CA
    Former Contractor - Systems Engineer in Century City, CA

I worked at FOX Broadcasting as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Working on the lot can be cool. 3 Cafeterias on site with good food. Dress code is pretty laid back. Just look clean and must have a shirt with a collar and nice non baggy jeans are OK. Great coworkers in the server ops team.

Cons

Vanilla sysadmin work. Most of the infrastructure services are controlled by one of many independent third party outsourcing or the parent FFE group. Makes the most basic things like getting an IP address or DNS record for a new server build a 2 day process. Extremely inefficient. Looming fear that the FFE group will integrate us (FNG) which is scaring management and causing them to make some rash self preservation decisions.

Advice to Management

The best way to protect yourself is to offer excellent service to your customers. They are the application teams that generate revenue and run on our platforms. Don't throw so much red tape to justify your job as a bureaucracy guy.

I would have liked to see some transparency between management and engineers. We would like to be more involved with the application teams for the various infrastructure build-outs instead of rebuilding systems or re-configuring them because something was missed. Measure twice, cut once.

2. Media business in Los Angeles

I worked at FOX Broadcasting full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Strong brand name and respected by most in the industry.

Cons

A lot of politics. Diversity of employees. Disjointed interdepartmental communications.

There are newer employer reviews for FOX Broadcasting