There are newer employer reviews for FOX News

good experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at FOX News part-time for less than a year

Pros

exciting medium, employees highly motivated towards seeing the company succeed, office space is modern and very comfortable

Cons

lacks spontaneity and rarely lets employees 'loosen their ties' a bit, management leaves before 4:30 while lower/entry-level analysts expected to stay until work is done, no interaction with other departments

all work and no play makes jack a dull boy

82 Other Employee Reviews for FOX News (View Most Recent)

Business is as business does.

Current Employee - Freelance Production Assistant for Fox News Channel  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Freelance Production Assistant for Fox News Channel in New York, NY

I have been working at FOX News

Pros

For the most part, everyone is friendly if you're open with them. I've worked with different departments and have grown to love many of the people I've worked alongside. Good place to start if you're looking to work for a major network. Constantly hiring - could be good or bad.

Cons

Politics aside, some of the biggest downsides I've seen stem from the general treatment of lower-level employees by superiors. (Not just a "parents just don't understand" scenario) Production Assistants are paid very, very little for the amount of work and hours we put in. It's no secret that television jobs are low-paying (unless you're an executive) but this is way below fair compensation and far less than at other networks. Production assistants put in 45-55 hours a week, sometimes more, and make $12/hr across the board. At my current position, production assistants are doing more than the job description - which is to be expected, of course, if you want any shot at advancing within the company, but not at such an extreme level. There is no even or fair distribution of work, and production assistants are constantly picking up the slack for senior employees, despite not being fairly compensated. Additionally, there is no due credit given for going above and beyond at a place where "above and beyond" is the rule and not the exception (regardless of absolute mental exhaustion and overwhelm.) Not a complaint - but an observation.

Additionally, there is such a wide disconnect between worker bees and superiors, as many cannot adequately perform or even EXPLAIN the duties of their subordinates. Awful management practices, in my opinion. I am honored to work alongside some of the brightest, most talented individuals I've ever met. But the best and brightest are not sitting in roomy offices collecting bonuses. The best and brightest that Fox has to offer sit at the bottom of the food chain, making $12 an hour. Superiors and executive producers? Shopping online, gossiping, stealing company time.

I can say with confidence that Fox would be nothing without its production assistants who pour every ounce into their work despite such ridiculous compensation and poor treatment. While the ones who have stuck it out (and have STILL not been promoted) embody dedication in its truest form, others come in and out of Fox's figurative revolving door, pegged early on as expendable and replaceable.

Business is business - but be kind to the people who work their butts off to make you look good, no matter what level employee they are. The people who make the least seem to carry the jobs with the biggest workloads - be sure to recognize that.

Meritocracy rules

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at FOX News

Pros

Work with some great people.

Cons

Meritocracy rules the office. Care more about length of time in company than merit.

There are newer employer reviews for FOX News

Worked for FOX News? Contribute to the Community!