FPI Management

www.fpimgt.com
  www.fpimgt.com
There are newer employer reviews for FPI Management

Much better than most PM companies

Current Employee - Assistant Community Director
Current Employee - Assistant Community Director

I have been working at FPI Management

Pros

To keep it brief, it's all about the people you're working in close quarters with. I have been at a few different communities within the FPI portfolios (I've been with the company now for three plus years), and I have had decent experiences, bad ones, and wonderful. My current property is perfect and I count my lucky stars for it.
Salary is much better than other companies. FPI, however, doesn't like to give raises very often, so I would get any agreement of a "pay increase after "x" days" in writing before signing anything.
I have never had a poor experience with bad advice or poor direct management, both as a leasing agent and as assistant; every manager I have met was well qualified for their jobs. The leasing staff on the other hand...
HR is very responsive with insurance questions, issues in the workplace, etc. The benefits are awesome, but a little pricey if you're covering more than yourself for medical.

Cons

FPI does like to save money; they will hire people with no experience and less than two brain cells to rub together. In some cases, this means you do a lot of extra work and the other person plays on facebook all day. They also don't "lay you off" or give you another chance if you aren't living up to their plans for you - they fire you, out of the blue, and usually on the person's Monday (or so I've noticed). That being said, though, you have to REALLY mess it up for that to happen.

Reward loyalty. Look for those who have served tirelessly and who will stay overtime when no one else will, will go the extra mile to help the cleaners prepare an apartment when the move-in is in less than an hour, and those who are courteous to their residents.

29 Other Employee Reviews for FPI Management (View Most Recent)

It's Not the Worse Place to Work...But it Leaves a Lot to be Desired

Current Employee - Leasing Agent
    Current Employee - Leasing Agent

I have been working at FPI Management

Pros

Your hourly wage will be slightly more than industry standard. If you work for certain owners your bonuses will be pretty good. Plus the health insurance is good, and you can meet some really nice residents along your journey.

Cons

You will not receive vacation/ sick leave/ holiday pay time until after 6-12 months. Management will probably start you from the bottom no matter what your work experience or educational background. If you plan to grow in the industry you will probably have to go to a different company.

Please look at the applicant's previous experience and try to make a better fit when offering them a position. Doing that will increase retention. People will feel like they are getting more out of their position instead of just taking a job until something better comes along.

A generally thankless job is no less so at FPI

Current Employee - Apartment Maintenance Technician
    Current Employee - Apartment Maintenance Technician

I have been working at FPI Management

Pros

Their benefits package for full time employees is decent as long as you only need to cover yourself. Additionally, and this may depend greatly on who the Community Director is, but mine has been very understanding when it comes to taking time off or decreasing hours when my life outside of work takes precedence. Lastly, their online training sessions are decent and I was able to take away a good amount of information from them. I might also add that I was able to call on employees from other properties to help me if I ever had any trouble with a problem.

Cons

I will start off by saying that SOMEONE lied to me about starting pay and pay increases. With over four years experience in the field I was surprised when they brought me in at the lowest rate advertised. When I inquired about this, I was told that there was a 3 month probationary period after which they would evaluate me and my experience and adjust my rate accordingly. When the 3 month period ended and I asked about my pay, I was told that the area manager needed to be contacted about it. Both the area manager and the HR department were contacted and I was given two different answers. The HR department claimed that it was a 6 month probationary period, not a 3 month one and the area manager claimed that pay increase considerations only happen once a year... in December. Though this is the main driving factor behind my distaste for FPI, it is not the only thing. Other things include the lack of respect and praise for a job well done.

First of all, I would say, "Do not lie in you job adverts!" If you say you are going to pay based on experience, make sure you pay based on experience. Also, be A LOT more transparent when it comes to escalating things up through management. Lastly, try and show a little more respect to those who work under you; it will help with morale and retention.

There are newer employer reviews for FPI Management