FSI International

www.fsi-intl.com

Smart about technology, less so about business

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood exposure to a variety of engineering technologies. Some top-notch engineering talent in terms of both technical ability and customer orientation. Some sales people are actually technically knowledgeable about products. Relatively flat organization; company is small enough so that you can have substantial impact in a given area.

ConsInternal loyality pursued to the point of cronyism. Lack of willingness to question whether people are being employed in appropriate areas of competence. Lack of respect shown between employees in high-pressure circumstances. Bureaucracy is out of proportion with the size of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that process improvement and product development initiatives cannot be executed simultaneously with no impact on already strained resources. Don't ask for employee opinions unless you are willing to seriously consider the answers and act on them. Reform the product management function so that it maximizes the probability of building the right tool at the right time.

A warm work environment

Program Manager (Former Employee) Fremont, CA

I worked at FSI International

Pros: Good work/life balance Relatively low stress Interesting technology Good technical talent pool Cons: Concerns about long term viability in such a competitive industry. Many of their competitors use… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to show your appreciation for your (good) employees and respect for their for personal… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

8 years

Process Engineer (Current Employee) Chaska, MN

I have been working at FSI International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Its a fun job. I can travel a lot. The… Cons: Office at MN. It's a boring city. Advice to Senior Management: good person Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on FSI International.

Worked for FSI International? Contribute to the Community!