There are newer employer reviews for FTC

Summer Intern at FTC

Former Employee - Summer Intern  in  Washington, DC
Former Employee - Summer Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at FTC as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Free foods every other Friday
Intern works 8 hours per day.

Cons

Works involve reading similar consumer's complaints everyday. It is endless.

21 Other Employee Reviews for FTC (View Most Recent)

FTC's Honors Paralegal program is a great opportunity for hands-on law/gov work.

Former Employee - Honors Paralegal  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Honors Paralegal in Washington, DC

I worked at FTC full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked in the Honors Paralegal program for two years. Great place to start a career & gain first-hand knowledge of work in government/policy/law. Opportunities try your hand in a lot of different roles. I was in Bureau of Consumer Protection.

Cons

Most often leads to grad school - unlikely to find internal options for advancement. There's a 4-year max for the program; I wouldn't recommend staying more than 2 years without a great reason. Also, your managers are all lawyers - their management skills will be hit or miss.

A great place to assume responsibility early in your legal career.

Current Employee - Staff Attorney
    Current Employee - Staff Attorney

I have been working at FTC full-time

Pros

Junior attorneys get great opportunities to contribute to the FTC's work -- be it on high- or low-profile cases. While it's a small agency, it's big enough to afford opportunities for career advancement within the agency. The FTC has a great international reputation, and FTC attorneys travel abroad to participate in technical assistant projects. There is a special AUSA rotation.

Cons

It is political . . . but that was to be expected. Support staff is stretched thin, which leads to attorneys doing non-legal admin tasks (which is not an efficient use of agency resources).

Getting more support staff would allow attorneys to spend more hours practicing law.

There are newer employer reviews for FTC

Worked for FTC? Contribute to the Community!