There are newer employer reviews for FTD

would I do it again... jury is still out, .

Former Employee - Cust, Service Representative  in  Downers Grove, IL
Former Employee - Cust, Service Representative in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at FTD as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Nice people, good training ( although was trained almost longer than was on the phones), good "help'... nice facility.

Cons

Where do I start.... I knew what I was gettng into in the, what could loosely be described as an interview. The "interview" consisted of a computerized spelling and order entry test. Now I admit my spelling has gone downhill with the advent of spell check. My typing has never been fast due to a physical condition. That being said you could tell they were looking for warm bodies. I was able to take the spelling test 4x's and order entry 2x's. I needed to reach a certain passing # to move on. I am sorry,, but what use is a test if you can take it till you pass?.. Then the second part of the interview... signng papers and doing drug test... They never asked me any questions re my background, past work... All they wanted it permission to do a back ground check and drug test.

Then you were hired. I could have sounded like porky pig... and gotten the job....
The employment agreement said you would work 40 hours a week, plus have mandatory overtime. This is a bit of a lie. After 40 hrs of "training" (6:30 -3 or 3:30 -midnight) you worked only 20 hours the nxt week. It is called your "nesting" period. The easiest way to describe this is for 40 hours yo are told how to swim never touching the water for practice. Then thrown into the deep area (on the phones) with 3 lifeguards (people walking around to help you) helping 40 people stay afloat. Really? I have a customer on my line.. .I have no Idea how to help them... and I have to wait for 1 of three people to assist?

There are many other quirks about the position... some good some bad. Would I do this again, if asked back... depends.. how badly do I need 11.00 per hour?.....

Do not lie about the hours. Be upfront. You have people hired for a finite time tell them exactly what to expect so they can manage their finances better. Get more hands on training, and more help on the floor.

44 Other Employee Reviews for FTD (View Most Recent)

FTD Implementation Specialist & Training

Current Employee - Implementation and Training Specialist  in  Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Implementation and Training Specialist in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at FTD full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Some pros? That's a tough question, aside from a paycheck they offer a small commission bonus, per diem is small for days at customers only $30, and get to keep miles.

Cons

Cons galore. Wire Service Industry is shrinking, competitors create problems, travel is time micro managed, too many managers managing the same employees, system infrastructure takes months to understand, and required support customers over the phone when not traveling.

Continue to phase out this position while focusing on VMware products.

I did love it

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at FTD full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really enjoyed working at FTD downers grove. I was there for a year I started off as a seasonal employee and with hard work and dedication was asked to stay as a full time employee. I really did enjoy it the managers were all down to earth and friendly. There was always opportunity for growth because there was always someone leaving. The managers did want to see you be successful. The company does have good values. When it is slow they do allow you time to leave early if you want or not come in at all.keep on doing what to

Cons

During holidays like mothers day Valentines day it can be really stressful. Something about people not getting their flowers when they are suppose to that really drives them looney. Which btw I do understand. The Pay is 11 an hour and u get a raise after a year of being an actual employee so although I was there a year I had to wait another 7 months to get a raise which wasnt much at all that is the bad part they do work you hard for little money but you do get a bonus monthly if you are doing what they ask of you it does come in handy.

keep on doing what you are doing I had the best management team ever KUDOS to Marci Greg Richard and Ashley you guy really do set a wonderful example!!!

There are newer employer reviews for FTD

Worked for FTD? Contribute to the Community!