FTD

www.ftd.com

would I do it again... jury is still out, .

Cust, Service Representative (Former Employee) Downers Grove, IL

ProsNice people, good training ( although was trained almost longer than was on the phones), good "help'... nice facility.

ConsWhere do I start.... I knew what I was gettng into in the, what could loosely be described as an interview. The "interview" consisted of a computerized spelling and order entry test. Now I admit my spelling has gone downhill with the advent of spell check. My typing has never been fast due to a physical condition. That being said you could tell they were looking for warm bodies. I was able to take the spelling test 4x's and order entry 2x's. I needed to reach a certain passing # to move on. I am sorry,, but what use is a test if you can take it till you pass?.. Then the second part of the interview... signng papers and doing drug test... They never asked me any questions re my background, past work... All they wanted it permission to do a back ground check and drug test.

Then you were hired. I could have sounded like porky pig... and gotten the job....
The employment agreement said you would work 40 hours a week, plus have mandatory overtime. This is a bit of a lie. After 40 hrs of "training" (6:30 -3 or 3:30 -midnight) you worked only 20 hours the nxt week. It is called your "nesting" period. The easiest way to describe this is for 40 hours yo are told how to swim never touching the water for practice. Then thrown into the deep area (on the phones) with 3 lifeguards (people walking around to help you) helping 40 people stay afloat. Really? I have a customer on my line.. .I have no Idea how to help them... and I have to wait for 1 of three people to assist?

There are many other quirks about the position... some good some bad. Would I do this again, if asked back... depends.. how badly do I need 11.00 per hour?.....

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not lie about the hours. Be upfront. You have people hired for a finite time tell them exactly what to expect so they can manage their finances better. Get more hands on training, and more help on the floor.

FTD Implementation Specialist & Training

Implementation and Training Specialist (Current Employee) Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at FTD full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Some pros? That's a tough question, aside from a paycheck they offer a small commission… Cons: Cons galore. Wire Service Industry is shrinking, competitors create problems, travel is time micro managed, too many managers… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to phase out this position while focusing on VMware… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I did love it

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Downers Grove, IL

I worked at FTD full-time for more than a year

Pros: I really enjoyed working at FTD downers grove. I was there for a year I started off as a seasonal employee and with hard work… Cons: During holidays like mothers day Valentines day it can be really stressful. Something about people not getting their flowers when they are suppose to that… Advice to Senior Management: keep on doing what you are doing I had the best management team ever… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on FTD.

Worked for FTD? Contribute to the Community!