There are newer employer reviews for FTI Consulting

Good place to work and grow

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at FTI Consulting full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Mostly good colleagues and working environment

Cons

Compensation and work/life balance, at times.

N/A

reviews filtered by

Out of touch, inefficient, old boys club that rewards ineptitude

I worked at FTI Consulting full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you get promoted up to the SMD level you are very well paid, with little regard for your effort, skills, or value you bring to the organization

Cons

An amazingly inefficient company. There is a lot of expertise there but no one shares ideas or works together (that might reduce billable hours). Lots of inept upper level management who diligently work hard to make others look bad in order to not have their own mistakes noticed

To the executive level, take a very hard in depth look at the SMD level. There is an amazing amount of dead weigh. Lots of SMDs that provide little to no value. Not to mention many that do a lot of harm by only looking to maximize their own bonus, not the overall good of the company.

Great place to grow, if you find yourself in the right office...

Former Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at FTI Consulting full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You will be working with knowledgeable, senior professionals. Some are eager to develop their peers, others not so much. The offices are all reasonably stocked with supplies and snacks to keep you going. At least in my experience, my senior management was eager to throw me in the deep end and see what happens. I loved the challenge.

Cons

It's consulting, you have to be flexible. Some weeks you may only work 40 hours, others much more. If you don't like traveling, it likely isn't for you. There isn't much of a guide to climbing the ladder, and the policies between offices are not consistent. It's a publicly traded company, so they can be stingy on bonus' and salary adjustments. I've never had to barter so much in my career.

Keep wasting money on sport sponsorships; don't invest any of it back into your personnel!

There are newer employer reviews for FTI Consulting