FTI Consulting

A great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at FTI Consulting

Pros

FTI treats their employees well. From little things like breakfast on Fridays to bigger things like supporting ridesharing and professional development and keeping employees aware of how the company is doing. FTI is also good about informing employees of changes to existing policies and explaining the decision-making process when tough decisions are made. Overall, it's a very collaborate working environment, and I enjoy working there.

Cons

Advancement can sometimes happen a bit slowly. This is probably similar to other companies in the industry. Aside from that, there aren't many downsides.

Keep doing what you're doing.

206 Other Employee Reviews for FTI Consulting (View Most Recent)

Writing on the Wall

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at FTI Consulting

Pros

-Competitive Salary
    -Good people
    -Great benefits, health, dental, vision
    -Lot's of PTO, even though it's probably too much to take
    - training opportunities

Cons

-Beware of downturns in economy, they can lead to, and have led to massive unilateral layoffs with seemingly no regard to utilization rates.
    -Some groups are very top heavy so can be difficult when you are an entry level to learn. You don't always want to ask an MD simple questions, but you have to.
    -When you think to yourself, "Is my job safe? Because I'm not as busy as I thought I would be"--it's not.
    - Work life balance can be challenging, even if you're not traveling there are times when you're basically "on call" until X:00 at night.
    -Be sure your SMD is a GREAT seller of projects, takes care of his/her people, and is competent in the field (in that order).

-Do not hire during economic downturns just because high quality talent is available. If you won't be able to use this talent it is going to cost you money in the long run.
    -When considering layoffs discuss with people BELOW the SMD level. Some groups can be SEVERELY handicapped by losing 1 or two people.

Not for the faint of heart.

Current Employee - Managing Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Managing Director in New York, NY

I have been working at FTI Consulting

Pros

Company has done well in the last few years.
    Opportunity to grow personally and professionally

Cons

No corporate culture. Years later, FTI is still a ball full of stuff.
    Wildly inconsistent hiring standards.
    No leadership.

Check out the 'leadership' positions and how they manage their business. Fear, intimidation, etc. There are people leading offices (i.e. Atlanta, Boston), that shouldn't be allowed to run a hot dog stand. Completely disfuncational corporate culture that no one cares about since we have been so busy. 2010 will be different and the hallways will be empty by the end of the year unless you fix the problems YOU ALREADY KNOW ABOUT.

There are newer employer reviews for FTI Consulting