FUJIFILM SonoSite

Good products, bad leadership

Current Employee - Territory Manager
Current Employee - Territory Manager

I have been working at FUJIFILM SonoSite

Pros

SonoSite makes a good, durable, user friendly system. We have a pretty good reputation and solid install base. The comp plan is ok once you hit the higher tiers, but that can take awhile depending on your territory.

Cons

Unfortunately poor leadership and lack of direction trickles down into the field, often making it difficult to do your job or enjoy it. Rather than supporting and motivating, sales managers micro manage and focus on reporting way too much. We are almost always more expensive than our competitors, which can be challenging.

Listen to the field and implement their ideas once in awhile. Find a way to motivate the sales force, whether it's through a monthly award (TM of the month, etc) or just some recognition for doing a good job, it is not effective to watch every deal that has been forecasted and constantly question them.

40 Other Employee Reviews for FUJIFILM SonoSite (View Most Recent)

Great benefits, good compensation, but be prepared for hard core sales.

Former Employee - Territory Manager
    Former Employee - Territory Manager

I worked at FUJIFILM SonoSite

Pros

great benefits package& great compensation

Cons

tons of cold calling and lots of travel

Thought my direct manager was very good.

Constant change derails progress

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at FUJIFILM SonoSite

Pros

Great product and great reputation of product. Sonosite's core product has several distinct advantages over all competitors from what I could see including near instant start, fluid resistance, and ease of use.

Cons

Direction, priorities and level of urgency around projects seems to come and go unpredictably. Your manager may have a good plan with great execution but suddenly someone from on high inexplicably changes things and everything you've been working on goes out the window with no progress made.

Understand the customer, the customers employer, pick a few value add strategies and stick with them for the long term; just because you get tired of an approach doesn't mean it isn't working. Listen to your people for a change.

There are newer employer reviews for FUJIFILM SonoSite