There are newer employer reviews for FXCM

Not a company you would want to work for ....you will be looking for a new job with in the year

I have been working at FXCM full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good place to learn basic currency trading
launch pad to better and more advanced FX companies

Cons

The company is corrupt-- if you do your proper research you will discover it for yourself
There is no company goals or team work basically its like a sweat shop " come to work do your job then go home"
management is very untrustworthy and will yell at you for taking 31 minutes in your 30 minute lunch
most employees are very unhappy there except if you are apart of the click or in crowd
pay is very low, no 401k matching and long hours

value your employees you cant possibly think you can be a admired company by treating your employees like you do

FXCM Response

Mar 7, 2013Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience working at FXCM. We greatly value the opportunity to utilize this information constructively so that we may capitalize on the ... More

124 Other Employee Reviews for FXCM (View Most Recent)

Keep Jobs in America

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at FXCM full-time for less than a year

Pros

Variety of hours available. Met some life long friends there.

Cons

Low pay, management team is inexperienced, laid off to send my job over seas, micro-managers, people are treated as numbers not humans.

Higher positions should work their way up not just get a position bc of seniority. Many of upper management didn't know how to do the job they were supervising for. Don't micro-manage, trust the people that have been hired.

beware

Current Employee - NA!  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - NA! in New York, NY

I have been working at FXCM full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

you will learn the basics of financial markets, multi task, basic sales skills

Cons

wow, where do I begin
    1. 40k/year with "quarterly bonuses"...you can't live on that if you're in New York or San Francisco.
    (I put quarterly bonuses in quotes because management did everything they could to keep any employee from getting any kind of decent bonus. I could have got more donating plasma for a quarter)

2. The minute they found out that the company had terrible reviews on glassdoor, we had a meeting with the head of the department. This person asked us to go onto Glassdoor and give FXCM a "great" rating. If you go through some of the comments you can totally tell which ones were fabricated.

3. If you take anymore than 20 minutes for lunch, you get the stink eye from every manager within 10 feet of you.

4. The head of our department has never been on the phones before, and yet this person is the head of the department...your head should be exploding right now.

5. They say you can advance within 2 years of solid service, but the problem is that they can't keep people...over 60% turnover in the department I'm in.

6. So much micro managing...

7. They say its about "Meritocracy" i call it meritocrazy....you have to play the "game" if you want to get ahead....

8. Company culture is non existent.

The company big wigs seem very set on keeping the stock price as high as possible...well, if that's what you want, outsource the jobs to India or something.

There are newer employer reviews for FXCM

Worked for FXCM? Contribute to the Community!