FXCM
www.fxcm.com New York, NY 500 to 999 Employees

An extremely Dysfunctional and Disillusioned organization.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at FXCM full-time

ProsThere are no positives about working for this company. At one time they had an HR team that would try to help employees but since they fired the entire team and hired a replica of themselves, there is no reason to take a job with this company other than padding for your resume.

Cons-Nepotism runs rampant in this company i.e. family members report to each other.
-Promotions are based upon how much kissing up you choose to do.
-Management team is inexperienced with no business skills other than what they learned from the partners. In other words...the blind leading the blind.
-Management is through intimidation and threats of termination.
-Ownership refuses to see that there are internal problems that start with the partners.
-Management is out of touch with compensation (salary, bonus, benefits) in the industry. Starting salary for certain positions hasn't changed in years.
-They want the "cream of the crop" but pay "bottom of the barrel" wages.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe board members should remove the partners/senior management and replace them with competent and experienced professionals to lead the company so it can become successful.

Help develop employees who actually have true management qualities and get rid of your "yes" men. Pay attention to the comments posted on Glassdoor and other sites that critique the company and try to address some of the points raised by your employees. You have overly inflated egos and don't want to believe there are problems with your company. If so many people are saying the same thing, everyone can't be wrong. Accept that your company is severely flawed and you need to take some measures to correct them.

Flag Review

FXCM Human Resources responded to this review

Mar 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience working at FXCM. We greatly value the opportunity to utilize this information constructively so that we may capitalize on the ... More

Not a company you would want to work for ....you will be looking for a new job with in the year

I have been working at FXCM full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: good place to learn basic currency trading launch pad to… Cons: The company is corrupt-- if you do your proper research you will discover it for yourself There is no company goals or team work basically… Advice to Senior Management: value your employees you cant possibly think you can be… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

beware

NA! (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at FXCM full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: you will learn the basics of financial markets, multi task,… Cons: wow, where do I begin 1. 40k/year with "quarterly bonuses"...you can't live on that if you're in New York or San Francisco. (I put quarterly bonuses… Advice to Senior Management: The company big wigs seem very set on keeping the stock price as high… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on FXCM.

Worked for FXCM? Contribute to the Community!

FXCM – Why Work for Us?

FXCM Inc. (NYSE: FXCM) is a global online provider of foreign exchange (forex) trading and related services to retail and institutional customers world-wide. At the heart of FXCM's client offering is No Dealing Desk… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FXCM reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for FXCM CEO Drew Niv. All reviews posted anonymously by FXCM employees.