FXCM

www.fxcm.com

You will feel like you are back in high school...and NOT in a good way!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome flexibility to work in different departments/ locations - employees are able to apply to/ change departments relatively easily and some also have the opportunity to travel/ transfer to different office locations.

ConsNepotism/ favoritism will determine your $/ promotions not how hard you work or your actual productivity.
Salary VERY low for industry, dental & medical plans are mediocre at best, 401K here will NEVER be matched.
Arrogant managers that are usually a few years out of college, they would barely be qualified to work at staff level positions at other companies.
MD/VP level positions are allowed to laterally transfer to other departments so in many cases entry level staff has more knowledge of that area of business than their manager.
Co-workers are miserable and act like zombies, most would not even speak to each other in breakrooms or elevator and live w/ their ipod headphones on - employee morale is non-existant!!!
Very dog eat dog, no one here can be trusted, every employee out for themselves not a unified working environment.
HUGE turnover in the past few months of long time employees (6+ years w/ company)
The only employees who have any job security here are related to the partners...
Disconnect between departments since they are managed by many different partners - feels like seperate businesses not a unified company.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou once prided yourselves on being a "mom & pop/ family oriented" company, since the IPO that has ALL gone out the window, maybe focusing on those beliefs and realizing that your employees ARE your company will help resolve some of these issues - although most managers are too busy micromanaging to notice the bigger picture!

Keep Jobs in America

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Plano, TX

I worked at FXCM full-time for less than a year

Pros: Variety of hours available. Met some life long friends there. Cons: Low pay, management team is inexperienced, laid off to send my… Advice to Senior Management: Higher positions should work their way up not just get a position bc of seniority. Many of upper management… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

beware

NA! (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at FXCM full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: you will learn the basics of financial markets, multi task,… Cons: wow, where do I begin 1. 40k/year with "quarterly bonuses"...you can't live on that if you're in New York or San Francisco. (I put quarterly bonuses… Advice to Senior Management: The company big wigs seem very set on keeping the stock price as high… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on FXCM.

Worked for FXCM? Contribute to the Community!