FXCM

www.fxcm.com

This is a good company but management lacks the vision and leadership to get what it can out of its employees.

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsCorporate Culture. Most employees are on a set, 9-5 schedule, and enjoy the benefits of it. Also, there is very little stress in the work environment, so employees enjoy the ability to leave work and not take it home with them. There are no real performance goals that are set, so people can get by doing the bare minimum. Management has an open-door policy, and the Executives make themselves available to almost everyone in the company. Dress is very casual.

ConsCorporate Culture, Leadership, Talent. Because the corporate culture is very lax, employees take advantage of it. There really are not too many motivated employees who go above and beyond their job function, and everyone gets by on doing the bare minimum. In my department, the CFO is non-existent, and my direct boss is very passive with his leadership style, so it seems like nothing ever gets done. Employees are not scrutinized enough for mistakes. The Executives seem to only care about their wallets, so they look for cheap labor that will just get the job done.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be more accountability from management for mistakes. There is no real sense of urgency with the job function, so employees take their time with tasks, and do them poorly. Management also really does not promote or reward innovation. People would try, but it would go unnoticed.

Big fish in a small pond

Managing Director (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at FXCM

Pros: The company values competent and self-driven employees looking for career growth. It is a fast-growing medium-sized firm with plenty of opportunities to grow. I have… Cons: If an employee lacks loyalty, the company tends to reciprocate. The salary and compensation has… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to keep an open mind and ask for feedback… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good company, bad turnover. (Tokyo Office)

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Tokyo (Japan)

I worked at FXCM full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good corporate resources and liquidity, strong industry presence. Cons: High turnover, poor handling of bad staffing choices No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on FXCM.

Worked for FXCM? Contribute to the Community!