There are newer employer reviews for FXCM

This is a good company but management lacks the vision and leadership to get what it can out of its employees.

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in New York, NY
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at FXCM

Pros

Corporate Culture. Most employees are on a set, 9-5 schedule, and enjoy the benefits of it. Also, there is very little stress in the work environment, so employees enjoy the ability to leave work and not take it home with them. There are no real performance goals that are set, so people can get by doing the bare minimum. Management has an open-door policy, and the Executives make themselves available to almost everyone in the company. Dress is very casual.

Cons

Corporate Culture, Leadership, Talent. Because the corporate culture is very lax, employees take advantage of it. There really are not too many motivated employees who go above and beyond their job function, and everyone gets by on doing the bare minimum. In my department, the CFO is non-existent, and my direct boss is very passive with his leadership style, so it seems like nothing ever gets done. Employees are not scrutinized enough for mistakes. The Executives seem to only care about their wallets, so they look for cheap labor that will just get the job done.

There needs to be more accountability from management for mistakes. There is no real sense of urgency with the job function, so employees take their time with tasks, and do them poorly. Management also really does not promote or reward innovation. People would try, but it would go unnoticed.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good company with caring management

I have been working at FXCM

Pros

Good place to learn FX
    Managers are really caring to their subordinates, and they are willing to teach/share with us

Cons

there are limited upward mobility

2. FX trading

I worked at FXCM

Pros

Gain a lot experience with FX

Cons

Shift duty, and lowest pay

good

There are newer employer reviews for FXCM