There are newer employer reviews for FXCM

Operations associate

I have been working at FXCM full-time

Pros

Great place to get your feet wet. Great opportunity to learn and grow. This is the best company to learn about fx trading.

Cons

Low pay, lack of upward mobility and trust. Unlikely to receive promotion. Do not get caught up here as you will have trouble leaving.

Pay employees more to retain better talent. The trial by fire and use of inexperienced talent can get us into trouble in the future.

125 Other Employee Reviews for FXCM (View Most Recent)

Great job experience

Current Employee - Financial Service Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Service Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at FXCM full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice people, competitive work environment

Cons

Chat support, pay, requires overtime o really advance

Would like better pay

Industry Leader w/Unlimited Potential | Career Opportunities In Finance - Challenging & Rewarding

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at FXCM full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My thoughts on FXCM the business are extremely positive. Having worked with the firm for some time, I have been witness to significant change and steady growth over the past few years especially. I truly believe the firm is well positioned to continue performing strong and expanding both domestically and globally.

In terms of the “sales role”, I will say that it is a solid career opportunity for the right person. I have seen success with sales here and can say without hesitation that I enjoy what I do. Having come from other “jobs” where this was not the case, I like to think I have found a career. I work in a fast-paced, self-driven, challenging sales environment that offers not only competition but camaraderie. My understanding of the financial markets and their infrastructure has increased tremendously in this role.

Speaking from the sales perspective, the FXCM culture is to reward employees on performance and not for simply coming to work. This is a key benefit in my opinion. When it comes to compensation, the entry level salary is a bit low by industry standards, I guess. But, the average individual coming into the FX Sales position is going to have a steep learning curve to start – I can surely admit I did. With that said, increases to the annual salary and bonuses can be fairly generous, especially for top performers. This is where it comes down to work ethic and self-determination. Much of your day to day is self-managed and, as such, your potential and your future are in your hands. Having pushed myself over the years to expand my knowledge and understanding, I have been able to translate that into success in sales and this has been seen and rewarded.

Overall, I say with confidence that I would recommend FXCM to a close friend or acquaintance. The pay is fair, benefits (medical, vacation, holiday, etc.) are excellent, and I feel confident in the firm’s future in the industry. I have interacted personally with the top senior management, including Drew Niv, CEO, and have the confidence in their ability to lead.

Cons

As with any company, there are always some areas to improve. “Sales” is definitely a position where you are recognized on performance. Any successful sales person will be extremely driven to do all he/she can to surpass last quarter’s numbers. This does bring imbalance to work/life. While not easy to resolve, finding a way to bring more balance back into the picture so as to keep your top salespeople from burning out to quickly would be ideal.

Flow of communication both from management and interdepartmental is not always consistent. As FXCM has grown at such a rapid pace, expanding into various jurisdictions/regions globally, these plans, policies and changes have not always been well communicated from other departments and management. This can lead to confusion and frustration within at times.

My advice to all management would be fairly simple – stay in tune with what is happening day to day. This does not apply across the board, but there are instances where managers get involved in their own projects and roles that they lose track of the day to day operations and main objectives of their team’s core business objective. I simply suggest that management stay a bit more in touch with their team and interact with them regularly on the challenges they face. I am in no way suggesting an environment of “micro-management” but Laissez-Faire leadership is not ideal either. Feeding their team information about company initiatives and policy changes as well as sharing with other departments and management the themes and challenges that their teams are facing is what I would see as a key focus.

There are newer employer reviews for FXCM