FXCM

www.fxcm.com
  www.fxcm.com
There are newer employer reviews for FXCM

Great experience working as a FX Broker Intern doing sales and financial services.

Current Employee - FX Broker Intern in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - FX Broker Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at FXCM as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Work environment, employees, work ethic, and overall ability to be proactive.

Cons

Limited upward mobility and no clear focus on tasks assigned.

Have a deeper emphasis on ensuring the ground level employees are doing what needs be done and learning to propel them in years to come with their careers.

130 Other Employee Reviews for FXCM (View Most Recent)

Fast paced work environment, good management.

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Plano, TX

I have been working at FXCM full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working for FXCM has been a good experience. Management is very competent and accessible. The company is full of respectable and impressive people. Keeping an eye on the forex market and knowing about trading is necessary.

This job provides exposure and opportunities that will prove especially valuable if the FX Market continues to grow in popularity.

Cons

The job is very fast paced and can be a grind. The upside to this is that anyone in this position will learn a lot, quickly.

Micro-managed underpaid sweatshop.

Former Employee - Financial Service Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Financial Service Representative in New York, NY

I worked at FXCM full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Listed comany, does look good on resume.
    You do learn a lot about trading Forex.
    Colleagues are nice.

Cons

Being abused by clients but they are always right.
    Things can change within days, new systems and products to learn, clients want immediate answers to everything and RIGHT NOW, management call this 'dynamic and fast moving', in reality its a mess but an FSR is the first port of call and they are all deemed as the experts.
    Live chat support, hours and hours a day, everyday on live chat. If a client is angry or leaves bad chat feedback, you have to call that angry client and see what else can be done for them and get more abuse.
    Supporting clients that have no clue how to trade and we shouldnt even onboard them.
    Micromanagement, even a bathroom break has to be cleared by a team leader. Management want to know what you are doing all the time.
    Pointless metrics and goals.
    Personal opinions from colleagues used against you in the quarterly review.
    Your job is most likely being outsourced over to the middle east.

Back off a little, the role of an FSR can be very stressful. A little less of the micro management and advising on matters that you have never really dealt with ever before or ever will. Dont they have important 'management' things to do rather than care so much what the 'bottom feeders' whom they have never met before are doing? Try and not hire your family members as senior management, hire externally. I've never seen anything like it before and I hope I never will again.

FXCM Response

Oct 21, 2013Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We regret to receive 1 out of 5 stars and an overall outlook of “not the place to be.”

We agree with you in that there is a lot to learn in this position and that
    ... More