Facebook

www.facebook.com
  www.facebook.com
There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

Won't ever have an opportunity like this ever again in my career - phenomenal company and people

Current Employee - Staffing in New York, NY
Current Employee - Staffing in New York, NY

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

Smartest and most passionate people I have ever worked with
Company means so much to so many - humbled to be an employee here

Cons

High expectations - good problem to have

836 Other Employee Reviews for Facebook (View Most Recent)

Busiest but most rewarding time of my career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Facebook

Pros

- Working for a product that's changing the world
    - Working alongside brilliant people
    - Casual dress!
    - Amazing benefits (food, PTO, laundry)
    - Lots of nice people
    - Celebrity encounters almost weekly (Oprah, Katy Perry, Tyra Banks, Obama)
    - Everything you do has a direct impact on the company's success
    - FB really tries to be a fun place to work
    - Despite the cons below, this is the best, most rewarding and memorable job I've ever had. I would do it all over again.

Cons

- Long hours
    - No clear path for advancement. I'd been told I'd get promoted if I achieved xyz. I achieved xyz with flying colors, and still no advancement. Despite being a top performer in my group, I was not promoted once in nearly 4 years.
    - Great PTO plan, but difficult to get time off. Often you're made to feel unpatriotic to the company if you request a whole week off. One manager actually told his team they could only take long weekends.
    - The Mach 5 pace is exhilarating, but maintaining that pace 24/7 takes a toll. Several people I know developed heart issues from the constant stress.
    - Terrible middle management. Very out of touch with their teams, only looking out for their career.
    - Questioning company policies or products is frowned upon. They want you to drink the KoolAid, versus have a constructive discussion.
    - In my group, promotions were given to unqualified people simply because they were buddies with the manager. It was very much an old boys club.
    - Too many meetings and interviews. I spent a solid 7 hours a week in company/team meetings, and another 3 hours a week in interviews. That doesn't sound too terrible, until you realize the massive workload given to each employee.

- Promote from within, create more transparency with promotions
    - Encourage employees to use their PTO - we work hard, we need to recharge.
    - Encourage employees to speak up and question product design or policies. We may have new perspective. It doesn't mean we aren't still 100% dedicated to the company.

It is a wonderfully rewarding place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

The direction of the company is innovative. The people are smart. The projects are challenging. The benefits and compensation are great.

Cons

I don't believe there are any major cons to working at this company. I plan to work at this company for a long time.

Keep moving the company in the direction that you are moving it. In 50 years we will be able to look back on the work now and be proud.

There are newer employer reviews for Facebook