Facebook

www.facebook.com
  www.facebook.com
There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

Facebook, absolutely by far, my favorite place to have ever worked!

Former Employee - Assistant in Palo Alto, CA
Former Employee - Assistant in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Facebook

Pros

Everyone talks about the free food, fun environment, etc but I definitely think the most valued benefit to working at facebook is the ability to basically set your own hours, freedom to work from home when you want and as much as you want/can, and all this with little to no interference from management. It's just great to know that if you're not feeling well but not necessarily "too sick to work" you can stay home and work (they provide laptops)....oh and...sick days are not counted against your vacation if you really needed to take a real sick day anyhow.

Cons

Because of the work from home policy, you do find yourself basically working all the time in a way. Some say it's a downside, I personally loved it! As long as I got my work done my boss didn't care how much I was actually in the office. However, I do have to say, that I did NOT abuse this. I really only worked from home when I absolutely needed to. I'd say out of a year I probably worked from home maybe about 2wks worth.

Develop a fair company-wide bonus structure where all employees can work towards and feel rewarded for accomplishments. A review process is also needed, but one that actually results in employer/employee feedback and raise/bonus.

836 Other Employee Reviews for Facebook (View Most Recent)

Facebook, a great place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

It's a great place where the company is small enough for you to make a difference, but the product is used by millions. It's great to work on something you love using every day. The hours are flexible, and the package is great- free gourmet food is served 3 meals a day. You really learn a lot, since you get thrown into the mix quite quickly. Also, the people at the company happen to be extraordinarily smart and pretty passionate.

Cons

You can work a lot right before a project gets shipped, but that's the case with a lot of engineering jobs.

Good job.

Facebook is fun and cool, but not always an environment that encourages growth.

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Facebook

Pros

the free food, really bright employees

Cons

some of the employees feel a sense of entitlement that comes through in day-to-day interactions...very young upper level management..inexperience shows

180 degree reviews should be provided on an ongoing basis