Facebook

www.facebook.com
  www.facebook.com
There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

The best job I have ever had

Current Employee - User Operations in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
Current Employee - User Operations in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great culture. Management genuinely cares about staff happiness, career pathing, growth and personal development. As the company scales, you get a sense that everyone wants to retain the hack culture, the ability to move fast and to avoid bureaucratic systems, while offering opportunities to everyone and avoid any 'hand-picking' and keeping company politics to a minimum. The working environment is collaborative, open and focused on impact.

People. Some of the smartest people I have ever had a chance to deal with. Hard-working, fun, collaborative, creative and driven. They are not all made from the same mold and diversity is important. In Dublin, I love the multicultural environment, it is respectful of everyone's culture and creates a great vibe around the office.

Perks. Alright so the initial salary is not the highest compared to other companies I have worked for. However, the 6 monthly bonuses (performance based), stock, salary adjustment every year, free healthy delicious food all day really add up. I have had higher base salaries in previous jobs, but going to work every day without fearing what the day brings, and lower stress-levels are just priceless. Also put in the Irish/Dublin context (very very grim unemployment figures), it is a solid job with career prospects.

What we do. Putting aside the people, the cool office and many perks, I really love what I do. We support hundreds of million users across EMEA/Latin America, and working on such a scale is inspiring. I feel immensely proud of what we are achieving every day.

Cons

Work life balance can be at times poor. No one is really putting a gun to my head to work this hard, but I feel a sense of duty to our teams and our users.

As the company scale, I have seen some office politics creeping up here and there. I also hate the sense of entitlement that pops up every now and then.

Keep it up. Please don't let us become Google.

836 Other Employee Reviews for Facebook (View Most Recent)

Making a big difference globally

Current Employee - Custom Market Insights in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Custom Market Insights in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great culture and positive attitude of all employees. Working with some really intelligent people

Cons

The work day is never long enough, always too many things to do

*The* most rewarding place to work in the last 20+ years of my career

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Just a disclaimer to start with: I work in Engineering, and so my particular perspective on the pros and cons will be predominantly Engineering biased.

By far the biggest Pro is that Facebook Engineering honestly and genuinely believe that it is super important that you are working on something that you are passionate about, and so we do our utmost to ensure that engineers have the opportunity to sample a wide range of the many options available to them, not only when they're new to Facebook during Bootcamp, but also throughout their time at Facebook. We do this because we strongly believe that people will do their best work when they are working on something they are truly passionate about. This is, for example, one of the driving forces behind hackathons. There is very little of the kingdom building one sees at other companies, and individual career advancement is always placed ahead of team stability. Unlike our fellow engineers over at the Chocolate Factory in Mountain View, where engineers are mostly assigned to teams, we actively encourage our engineers to seek out places and teams where they will have the highest potential to make an impact.

Cons

The food. OMG the food. The food is friggin amazing. This is not mass-catering by any stretch of the imagination, but rather a huge selection of the finest gourmet food. It is truly difficult to *not* gain weight working here.

There are newer employer reviews for Facebook