There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

Amazing scale, pace and culture

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I'm coming up to the end of my first quarter and continue to be blown away by how fast we can move, even compared to tiny startups. The engineering culture is aligned to enabling you to try things out, get things done and get them shipped out at an amazing rate. The perks are amazing and the management structure feels flat and low friction. Lots of smart folks and plenty of opportunities to get stuck into different areas if you feel like a change.

Work/life balance is good; lots of encouragement to take a break when you need it with a pretty high frequency of offsite events, and flexible working hours.

The onboarding process is very well put together: culture infusion from the moment you walk in the door, and you're mentored through a six week bootcamp and can be pushing code out to the website in your first week.

Cons

The flip side of the low friction management structure is that you need to take on more ownership of finding high impact work--don't expect to handed out work, you need to identify the work and then get it done. I see this as a plus, but it can make it a little difficult when you start out.

Having a high density of smart folks can make it feel more competitive than it really is, and that combined with the pretty low average age of employees can result in the occasional abrasive conversation.

Being privy to the roadmap and our plans overall but not being able to tell people about it when they interpret our steps towards our grand vision in a negative light can be frustrating.

Keep on doing what you're doing!

reviews filtered by

Amazing company and opportunities

Former Intern - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Intern - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Amazing perks, job opportunities, co-workers, and compensation (in the tech industry). Extremely high levels of autonomy and work flexibility.

Cons

There's almost no one rules about when to work, but during hackathons, there is some pressure to work late on projects for the company. Likewise, it can be stressful at times (for example, when nearing a product launch).

Continue to be accessible and open about your goals within the company, and strive to maintain the current culture as the company grows

awesome place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Facebook full-time (less than a year)

Pros

the best place on earth to work. with the challenges u'll definitely enjoy.

Cons

heavy work hours only besides that everything is cool about fb.

There are newer employer reviews for Facebook