Facebook

www.facebook.com

Awesome place to work!

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

Pros

Everyone in this company has incredible energy and passion for what they do. You get to work with some really smart people without any of the politics I've seen with other employers. Everyone is trying their best to be awesome at whatever it is that they do and having fun at the same time.

Cons

At 37, I'm one of the old guys.

It will be a challenge to keep things the way they are, particularly as we continue to grow.

Other reviews for Facebook

The best place in the world to work - if you could call it work (its more of a lifestyle).

Current Employee - Manager, IT  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Manager, IT in Menlo Park, CA

Pros

This is the best place in the world to be. Environment is all about engineers. Benefits, management, direction, culture - all very very positive items about the company. Keep up the great work Mark!!!!!!!

Cons

Not much negative. I find myself wanting to come to work and participate. Sometimes, I don't want to leave... So oddly, it can make for a long day sometimes.

FB is a rollercoaster of openness and communication that focuses on your ability to have impact on the world.

Current Employee - Operations Engineer  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

Pros

You're treated like a human being. You're well-fed. The corporate structure is designed so you can float to where you think you can do the best work with minimal hassle. Acquiring needed equipment is low friction. Above all, we believe in what we're doing.

Cons

Base salary is a little below comparable companies. Young employee base can sometimes lack tact or manners. High density office plan presents parking issues.

Scaling to tens of thousands of employees is the biggest threat to the company. Keep everyone focused and keep teams small and nimble.

There are newer employer reviews for Facebook.

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!