There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

A wonderful learning experience

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's an extremely fast paced environment.

Cons

The work sometimes does get a bit hectic.

Remain as less bureaucratic as now as the company grows.

788 Other Employee Reviews for Facebook (View Most Recent)

Fast-paced and exciting

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Facebook full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The perks were a huge pro, especially the health benefits. The food was amazing and any corner you turned, there was something that helped you feel comfortable there. The company clearly tries to take care of its employees when it comes to making them feel right at home.

Cons

The hours were very tough, but it may depend on the department. Budget is strict on certain departments so there is a risk of feeling short staffed and working very long hours. With young blood there, some folks do not have to sacrifice time away from family, so the expectation there is pretty high.

As a Facebook engineer, you can have as much impact as you are driven to have; your opinion matters a lot!

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than an year)

Pros

As a software engineer, a lot of work is self driven and based on self-motivation. You are not told exactly what to do week over week. It is your job to figure out what is best to work on, what has the most impact for the company, and how to improve things. Most engineering is driven by the engineers themselves and not some sort of management. To me, this is perfect. However, if you don't like thinking about what you are doing and being critical about what is good for the company and your team, this might not be the place for you.

Cons

Facebook is all about iterating fast. This is great for our products because we can quickly get something out there and see what works and what does not. However, it means we have a lot of sketchy software and products sometimes. It also means we have to constantly be doing "cleanup" which often takes a long time. You will be under "attack" by the outside world because things "suck" even though you know they are being worked on and improved, but that takes time.

There are newer employer reviews for Facebook