Facebook

www.facebook.com
There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

Amazing work environment

Current Employee - Account Manager in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
Current Employee - Account Manager in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Facebook full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Working with smart people
- Great perks
- Great experience
- High recognition for great work

Cons

- Sometimes work can get stressful

873 Other Employee Reviews for Facebook (View Most Recent)

Awesome place to work

Current Employee - User Operations Specialist in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - User Operations Specialist in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than a year)

Pros

We work with some of the best brains in the industry and also get to interact with highly learned and experienced people. Work culture is awesome.

Cons

Free food and calories :)

Continue to be open and help in maintaining the flat org culture

The best job I have ever had

Current Employee - User Operations in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - User Operations in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great culture. Management genuinely cares about staff happiness, career pathing, growth and personal development. As the company scales, you get a sense that everyone wants to retain the hack culture, the ability to move fast and to avoid bureaucratic systems, while offering opportunities to everyone and avoid any 'hand-picking' and keeping company politics to a minimum. The working environment is collaborative, open and focused on impact.

People. Some of the smartest people I have ever had a chance to deal with. Hard-working, fun, collaborative, creative and driven. They are not all made from the same mold and diversity is important. In Dublin, I love the multicultural environment, it is respectful of everyone's culture and creates a great vibe around the office.

Perks. Alright so the initial salary is not the highest compared to other companies I have worked for. However, the 6 monthly bonuses (performance based), stock, salary adjustment every year, free healthy delicious food all day really add up. I have had higher base salaries in previous jobs, but going to work every day without fearing what the day brings, and lower stress-levels are just priceless. Also put in the Irish/Dublin context (very very grim unemployment figures), it is a solid job with career prospects.

What we do. Putting aside the people, the cool office and many perks, I really love what I do. We support hundreds of million users across EMEA/Latin America, and working on such a scale is inspiring. I feel immensely proud of what we are achieving every day.

Cons

Work life balance can be at times poor. No one is really putting a gun to my head to work this hard, but I feel a sense of duty to our teams and our users.

As the company scale, I have seen some office politics creeping up here and there. I also hate the sense of entitlement that pops up every now and then.

Keep it up. Please don't let us become Google.

There are newer employer reviews for Facebook