There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

Amazing work environment

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
Current Employee - Account Manager in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Working with smart people
- Great perks
- Great experience
- High recognition for great work

Cons

- Sometimes work can get stressful

751 Other Employee Reviews for Facebook (View Most Recent)

*The* most rewarding place to work in the last 20+ years of my career

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Just a disclaimer to start with: I work in Engineering, and so my particular perspective on the pros and cons will be predominantly Engineering biased.

By far the biggest Pro is that Facebook Engineering honestly and genuinely believe that it is super important that you are working on something that you are passionate about, and so we do our utmost to ensure that engineers have the opportunity to sample a wide range of the many options available to them, not only when they're new to Facebook during Bootcamp, but also throughout their time at Facebook. We do this because we strongly believe that people will do their best work when they are working on something they are truly passionate about. This is, for example, one of the driving forces behind hackathons. There is very little of the kingdom building one sees at other companies, and individual career advancement is always placed ahead of team stability. Unlike our fellow engineers over at the Chocolate Factory in Mountain View, where engineers are mostly assigned to teams, we actively encourage our engineers to seek out places and teams where they will have the highest potential to make an impact.

Cons

The food. OMG the food. The food is friggin amazing. This is not mass-catering by any stretch of the imagination, but rather a huge selection of the finest gourmet food. It is truly difficult to *not* gain weight working here.

Like working at a start-up, a very big one. The friendliest and fastest work environment I have ever been part of!

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at Facebook has been and still is the most amazing experience, for me. Why? Because,

- The people that work here are extremely bright and driven
    - The work environment is incredibly open and supportive. If you want to get something done but need help or input from a different team, you will get it
    - You have the freedom to focus on what you feel will have the highest impact. Of course, you still need to do you core job though
    - The work culture is truly flexible

These things may not be the most important points for you but after having worked in the voluntary sector (NPO), public sector (Army and UN), and the private sector (Banking) they are the most important to me. And from my experience separates Facebook from 99% of all work places.

Cons

If your require a lot of prescriptive guidance (step by step instructions), don't like dynamic work environments, and are lethargic when it comes to your work, this is not the best place to work at.

There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!