Facebook
www.facebook.com Menlo Park, CA 5000+ Employees

It feels more like home than a job

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Menlo Park, CA

Pros- The ratio of employees to customers is still large enough that everything you do has impact
- Employees are trusted with working on what's important without the need for constant overview
- Everyone is smart, but rarely feel the need to prove it.
- The amenities allow us to focus on our work, and also make us feel valued. Plus not having to go grocery shopping in eight months has been nice.
- The campus really does feel like a home. This is the first job I've had where I really am glad to head into work and actually get disappointed when I see how quickly the day goes by.
- The managers are very technical capable, and know when to manage and when to step back.

Cons- The size of the company makes communication a little harder, and it's more difficult to get to know people who you don't normally work with.
- Conversely, there aren't enough employees to have people working on whatever pet project they want. The work they do has to have as much impact as possible (but the hackathons are a good chance to work on those pet projects for a bit)
- Too much beer

Advice to Senior ManagementFacebook is a great place to work because it feels more like a group of capable engineers all trying to build a project together, rather than a hierarchy of workers. As the company grows it is important to use that as an opportunity to do more exciting projects instead of having more people work on the same projects.

Software engineering intern

Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee)
    Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Small team, intetesting task, good work place Cons: need good knowlage of internet technologies for good work process… Advice to Senior Management: improve orientation for noobies Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Amazing experience, amazing company

Sales Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Everyone there has an opportunity to make an impact. Company moves very fast and… Cons: Intense environment is not for everyone. Mission driven company means many… Advice to Senior Management: Brag a little more: Be more active in publicly explaining your business model. You can talk publicly about how well you're doing while at the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Facebook.

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Facebook reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg. All reviews posted anonymously by Facebook employees.