Come here if you want to make an impact.

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Menlo Park, CA
Current Employee - Recruiter in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined facebook coming from 8 years in the Financial Services industry. Wow, what a world of difference. 2 biggest pros come to mind:

- Openness. Do you have an issue with a colleague or something facebook is doing? No problem. Take care of it. Facebook encourages its employees to be open and give feedback for things they think should be improved.

- Do you want to see your impact on 1 billion users? Come to facebook. Although I'm not in engineering, I work with a lot of software engineers, including interns, who constantly talk about the things they work on and how they love showing these off to their friends and family.

Cons

- Being 7 months new, I am still in the process of thinking of areas of improvement.

- Continue the openness that we have at the company. We love hearing your ideas for the future!

Other Reviews for Facebook

A joy to come to work everyday.

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Moves very, very fast. Individual teams are empowered to ship at-will.
      - Very open and transparent. Very few company "secrets". Everyone is up-to-date on what everyone else is doing. This leads to almost non-existent company politics.
      - Great co-workers. Nearly everyone is among the best at what they do, so there is a huge about of trust across orgs.

Cons

- Moving really fast sometimes leads to false starts. Engineers must be prepared to pivot and change course from time to time.

Maintain the feeling of openness and connectedness.

The perfect blend of startup and larger company

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

- everyone you'll work with here is incredibly motivated to build the best possible product and extremely talented at doing that
    - you're able to make an impact on the product and more generally how things work immediately, without waiting for seniority or a promotion
    - we move fast here, meaning your finished project won't sit around for months before shipping and we adapt rapidly to changes in the market
    - there is no such thing as an unimportant project here - we have so much to do and not enough people to do it that no one spends time on anything that won't have a big impact, not even interns
    - progression in the company, salary increases, equity refreshers, etc. happen in a clear and fair manner
    - they take care of us very well from a perks and compensation perspective - great food, an awesome campus, and more
    - everything is very flexible - as long as you get your work done and make your (very few) meetings, you pick your work hours
    - you have the resources of a larger company, like a mature codebase, helpful abstractions, automation of some uninteresting tasks - all things that let you focus more on the interesting parts of your job rather than tedious setup

Cons

For the first time in my life I need to watch my weight due to the awesome food and snack selection

There are newer employer reviews for Facebook.

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!