Facebook
www.facebook.com Menlo Park, CA 5000+ Employees

Smart, conscientious coworkers and an employer that treats us well

Data Scientist (Current Employee)
Menlo Park, CA

ProsMy coworkers are ridiculously smart and competent. Every day I learn something new from one of them. We move fast and think about having impact on the world. Our site is used by a billion people. The company cares about its employees' quality of life; we have excellent food, shuttles to/from San Francisco, a culture that eschews meetings, great ergonomics, onsite medical care, and a gym. New engineers go through "bootcamp," which exposes you to all aspects of the codebase in a friendly environment where you're allowed to ask n00bish questions and bond with other new engineers.

ConsIt's difficult to come up with meaningful downsides to working here. We move very fast, so I don't always have time to be a perfectionist (but in general that's a good thing). Our codebase is huge and it can be difficult to find documentation.

A truly great workplace

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great co-workers - Facebook employs extraordinary people, working with such amazing people makes all the difference. Open environment - Facebook encourages you to break the boundaries,… Cons: Facebook outside MPK is not as great. The remote locations don't have… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Challenge, Chaos, and Impact

Product Manager (Current Employee)
    Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros: -The smartest people with the most passion about what they work on. -People who legitimately want to make people's lives better through open communication. -Amazing technological infrastructure… Cons: -A lot of work. No lie, people expect a lot out of you and you will work hard. It'll be challenging problems with… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Facebook.

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Facebook reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg. All reviews posted anonymously by Facebook employees.