Facebook
www.facebook.com Menlo Park, CA 5000+ Employees

The experience of a lifetime

Systems Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

ProsI left Google due to all the red tape, process, communication difficulties across teams and depts, etc. Facebook will undoubtedly face these challenges as well as they grow, but at this current stage, they've taken more of an open, "move fast and break things" approach. I love the freedom given to explore, share, collaborate, and HACK. I didn't feel I had much of this freedom at Google - and there is much less (pretty much none) of the "Engineer vs. Everyone else" caste system that Google is famous for.

I am incredibly relieved, and satisfied, that I made the jump. I've been at many of silicon valley's top tier companies in my 15 years here in SV. After 15 years here, I have a pretty strong idea of what I want and what I don't want - so I can say with confidence that Facebook is my lifer job - I plan on staying here a WHILE.

ConsThe speed at which things move here can be daunting for the uninitiated, but if you've been at top tier companies before, it's nothing unique. Just do your research and know what you are getting into. There is a lot of work, and a lot of reward to be had, but only if you reach for it.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing what you're doing - be transparent, egalitarian, and open. I love the way we are treated so well here. I love our internal groups for open discussion without having to resort to email. The integration of our work duties and services into our FB accounts themselves is amazing and ingenius.

Maximum impact

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros: If, like me, you are into building system at a huge scale, this is a dream… Cons: You need to have self discipline and not be disturbed by a very dynamic environment. Do sign up and… Advice to Senior Management: Keep at it Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

open culture big impact

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros: * open flow of information within the company * ability to have big impact as soon… Cons: * fast company growth can be turbulent in areas where the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Facebook.

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Facebook reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg. All reviews posted anonymously by Facebook employees.