Facebook

www.facebook.com
There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

The experience of a lifetime

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I left Google due to all the red tape, process, communication difficulties across teams and depts, etc. Facebook will undoubtedly face these challenges as well as they grow, but at this current stage, they've taken more of an open, "move fast and break things" approach. I love the freedom given to explore, share, collaborate, and HACK. I didn't feel I had much of this freedom at Google - and there is much less (pretty much none) of the "Engineer vs. Everyone else" caste system that Google is famous for.

I am incredibly relieved, and satisfied, that I made the jump. I've been at many of silicon valley's top tier companies in my 15 years here in SV. After 15 years here, I have a pretty strong idea of what I want and what I don't want - so I can say with confidence that Facebook is my lifer job - I plan on staying here a WHILE.

Cons

The speed at which things move here can be daunting for the uninitiated, but if you've been at top tier companies before, it's nothing unique. Just do your research and know what you are getting into. There is a lot of work, and a lot of reward to be had, but only if you reach for it.

keep doing what you're doing - be transparent, egalitarian, and open. I love the way we are treated so well here. I love our internal groups for open discussion without having to resort to email. The integration of our work duties and services into our FB accounts themselves is amazing and ingenius.

867 Other Employee Reviews for Facebook (View Most Recent)

I love everything about this company.

Current Employee - Partnerships in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Partnerships in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Facebook is a true mission-driven company. Many companies pay lip service to their mission, but Facebook lives it and breathes it everyday. Zuck is totally committed to the mission of the company, leads by example, and is one of the most visionary people in our industry. The culture at Facebook is very strong, and the people here are incredibly smart and driven. We're working on huge, important problems in the world, and it's fun to come to work everyday.

Cons

None. I love everything about this company.

Stay true to the mission and continue to focus on the long-term.

Greatest time of my life

Current Employee - Online Operations Associate in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Online Operations Associate in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Freedom within your work environment

Cons

not enough time to do everything

There are newer employer reviews for Facebook