Facebook

www.facebook.com

Great place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

Pros

Very exciting place to work. High visibility and impact. The company is very open and transparent about it's workings. I feel like they treat me like an adult, with the expectations that I'll act like one.

Cons

I work in a remote office (Seattle), and find that the culture here is different than in the main office in Menlo Park. I think more could be done to migrate the culture to the remote office. I'm also concerned that if growth (# of employees) is something we seek to maximize, and something we measure success against, then we jeopardize the amazing culture that has been so well cultivated.

Love it here, hope that we can maintain the amazing work atmosphere as the company grows.

Other reviews for Facebook

Loving every minute of it!

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

Pros

Fast paced, lots of very committed and competent people around me. Company is dedicated to innovation and wants to do good in the world.

Cons

Change of environment (Unix -> Windows) can make people less productive in the short term.

Everyone around me is amazing

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

Pros

The engineers here are all at the top of the field. They could work anywhere. Everyone I've worked with has all the magic engineer powers: really smart, good at getting stuff done, and fun to be around. The company knows it, and so there's not much red tape on the engineering side. It's up to each person not to break the push or launch a feature too fast. It's refreshing.

Cons

Not a small company anymore.

The hiring bar has been very high as long as I've been around. Let's keep it there.

There are newer employer reviews for Facebook.

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!