Amazing place to work

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Huge impact from day one - I got to own pretty large projects almost as soon as I joined, and the amount of trust placed in employees even from the first few weeks in bootcamp is amazing. - Exciting work environment, I work with some of the very best people I've met in the business every day - Real start-up feel and anxious to keep it that way. There's a lot of attention paid to the culture of the company - Things really do move fast. It's really motivating to see the results of your efforts get adopted so quickly - Great support from management - Fun @ work, many great perks. Lots of free food, and a gym to work it all off.

Cons

High workload mean that you have to be pretty motivated to enjoy it. On the flip side that's mostly self-driven - I certainly end up working a lot not because I'm pushed to but because I want to see my project succeed.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. moves fast - and means it

Current Employee - Software Engineering in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineering in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Facebook decided somewhere along the line that speed and engineer efficiency mattered more than predictability and avoiding mistakes. The result is a rather refreshing environment where engineers are expected to take risks and use our discretion to jump on what we see as most important. My co-workers are amazing - facebook's been able to hire some of the best talent in the valley and it shows. The perks are top tier. It's just gratifying to work for a company with a sense of mission about creating good in the world, and that's at Facebook's heart. It's certainly helpful to love using the product yourself - but as long as you derive satisfaction from the billion people who do, you'll be happy working here.

Cons

Suspecting facebook of nefarious motives is a popular if misguided silicon valley pastime. Usually trying to argue people out of it is a waste of your time. :/

Advice to Management

Work harder to make the business side feel as empowered and low-overhead as tech. We're all one company.

2. Work on fun products that people use all the time

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun coworkers, interesting problems, make a huge impact on the world. Scale, great benefits, opportunity to change the world and really have fun doing it. Seriously do you want to work at a company where you don't know what you'll work on? That's insane! Facebook lets you choose what you work on after you get out of bootcamp. People are really smart, fun, energetic here.

Cons

Too many food options Cavities from eating Hi-Chews

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees more with stock