Facebook
www.facebook.com Menlo Park, CA 5000+ Employees

Fantastic challenges, great craic, excellent people

Site Reliability Engineer (Current Employee)
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsDespite having several thousand employees, you can still have an impact, and it doesn't have to be "wrote the messaging system", it can be as simple as "made something more efficient, saving hundreds of thousands of dollars over a year", or "enabling someone else to be a rock star". There are great challenges in the infrastructure, and it's a first-hand experience of (at the heart) simple systems interacting in complex ways. Lovely food from the on-campus cafe (really and truly I'd call it a restaurant, the food is that good), break out areas for peace and quiet, and generally excellent and smart co-workers.

ConsLong days mostly, and the communication lag with HQ. It's possible to get sucked down a rabbit hole for days on end, sinking in far too many hours. However, in the end, it's a personal choice to do hours and hours of work beyond what you're salaried for. The 8 hour lag with California is also a pain in the rear - you either live with 24 hour turnaround on question/answer threads, or you stay late to try and catch someone in real time.

Best job I ever had!

Developer Support Engineer (Current Employee)
    Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros: - Fantastic culture: FB is moving fast so there are lots of opportunities to work on interesting projects. - Impact: you get to work on… Cons: - work load is high so good project/time management skills… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Best company to work for - period. Poor Sales Organization.

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros: *Absolutely the best and the brightest individuals work for this company *The benefits and perks are incredible - they really do make coming to "work" easy… Cons: If you are considering a role in the sales organization, I would truly consider your options and determine if it is the right fit for… Advice to Senior Management: To the C-Level Management: Reinforce the expectations of all managers to the team as a whole. Consider shifting responsibilities from certain managers, or highlighting what… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Facebook.

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Facebook reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg. All reviews posted anonymously by Facebook employees.