Facebook
www.facebook.com Menlo Park, CA 5000+ Employees

Incredibly challenging and rewarding

Hyderābād (India)

ProsYour rate of personal growth will be astounding. You will rub shoulders with the very best and you will have the ability to learn from, and contribute across a wide range of competencies, and pick up several new skills and solve challenges you never thought you could.

You are working on fresh cutting edge problems, wherever you work in the company, and the enthusiasm and cheer is really amazing, and fires you up !

People work really hard. Very little corporate politics. People will go to any extent to assist you with anything you are doing. People will be usually seen debating wide-ranging subjects that affect the World all over campus.

ConsThe learning curve tapers off after your first two years unless you are in roles that offer you immense elbow room (such as myself) - The opportunities to rectify this are there nevertheless.

Sometimes, the frenzy of belief in product borders on cult status, with designers, engineers and product teams residing in proverbial ivory towers, oblivious to pains of the World outside Menlo Park, CA

Hiring standards are dropping slightly, principles are compromised upon ! Newsfeed itself is now a place where ads are shown. Monetization has suddenly propped up from nowhere, where all it would have taken for us to have a better performance in the markets , would have been for Mark to have taken the IPO more seriously.

The satellite offices ( India for example) are often seen as poor second cousins with respect to everything. They don't command the automatic respect that a designer in Menlo Park would.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure a much more solid career path now for individuals (doesn't have to be ala McKinsey) and let go of the "Jungle Gym" narrative. It is accepted now that we are a company that is unlike any other, and the "Jungle Gym" philosophy is already old hat. We know that we have those opportunitites, but it really is disheartening when two or three different teams end up claiming advantages for the same piece of achievement. ( Advertiser growth for example) - I can't elaborate more publicly.

The respective teams should know that they have to understand their pure, distilled philosophy for why they themselves are working on things, and learn as much as possible before "silo-ing" themselves in the pursuit of solutions that do not work.

very youthful!

I have been working at Facebook

Pros: it's made very easy to be productive Cons: some big company features are crawling in More

Great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Facebook

Pros: It was an awesome experience. I really enjoyed all of the… Cons: There weren't any real downsides associated with working at a company like Facebook. All of… Advice to Senior Management: My advice to management would be to continue doing the things that have enabled Facebook to get… More
There are newer reviews on Facebook.

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Facebook reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg. All reviews posted anonymously by Facebook employees.