There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

very good

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

everyone excited, very nice attitude

Cons

it is working on website

773 Other Employee Reviews for Facebook (View Most Recent)

Incredibly challenging and rewarding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Your rate of personal growth will be astounding. You will rub shoulders with the very best and you will have the ability to learn from, and contribute across a wide range of competencies, and pick up several new skills and solve challenges you never thought you could.

You are working on fresh cutting edge problems, wherever you work in the company, and the enthusiasm and cheer is really amazing, and fires you up !

People work really hard. Very little corporate politics. People will go to any extent to assist you with anything you are doing. People will be usually seen debating wide-ranging subjects that affect the World all over campus.

Cons

The learning curve tapers off after your first two years unless you are in roles that offer you immense elbow room (such as myself) - The opportunities to rectify this are there nevertheless.

Sometimes, the frenzy of belief in product borders on cult status, with designers, engineers and product teams residing in proverbial ivory towers, oblivious to pains of the World outside Menlo Park, CA

Hiring standards are dropping slightly, principles are compromised upon ! Newsfeed itself is now a place where ads are shown. Monetization has suddenly propped up from nowhere, where all it would have taken for us to have a better performance in the markets , would have been for Mark to have taken the IPO more seriously.

The satellite offices ( India for example) are often seen as poor second cousins with respect to everything. They don't command the automatic respect that a designer in Menlo Park would.

Ensure a much more solid career path now for individuals (doesn't have to be ala McKinsey) and let go of the "Jungle Gym" narrative. It is accepted now that we are a company that is unlike any other, and the "Jungle Gym" philosophy is already old hat. We know that we have those opportunitites, but it really is disheartening when two or three different teams end up claiming advantages for the same piece of achievement. ( Advertiser growth for example) - I can't elaborate more publicly.

The respective teams should know that they have to understand their pure, distilled philosophy for why they themselves are working on things, and learn as much as possible before "silo-ing" themselves in the pursuit of solutions that do not work.

An awesomely open and innovative place to work for

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Facebook full-time

Pros

Complete independence of choosing what you want to work on, along with the presence of cutting edge technology and even better people around for an all around technical development of an employee. A very friendly and open environment within the company which makes us feel better while working for Facebook. And also, there are lots of free food and stuff within the company to keep the employees happy and help us focus on making an impact.

Cons

Probably, a bit better organizational structure and a better HR team and more clear and clean mentioning of our duties and what we get will be better.

There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!