Facebook

There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

Disappointing, boring.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Perks, free and delicious food, free other stuff, 21 days vacation, good for resume.
Free schedule, nice office, gym onsite etc.

Cons

They say they're chaotic. IMO, it's a too fancy word for that. I would say that the code-base is a mess. The corporate value "move fast and break things" is understood too literally by some engineers. That's why the product is very unstable and the UI beyond two most frequently used pages is clunky. The job is boring. Things gets done extremely slow and the quality is very far from being perfect.
Too much of narcissism (we're building an awesome product, we provide really sick user experience, we're ninjas, batmans and supermans etc. etc. etc.). Maybe it's good for some people, but not for me.

No advise

867 Other Employee Reviews for Facebook (View Most Recent)

Facebook walks the walk.

Current Employee - Consultant in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Other companies talk "teamwork" and company "unity", but it's always disingenuous bs. FB is sincere about empowering everyone to perform their best. Self-sufficiency, positive attitude, great perks

Cons

Facebook is struggling with many of the same problems indicative of quickly growing companies: inconsistently applied procedures, departmental disconnect, etc.

TPM

Current Employee - TPM in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - TPM in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great and smart people who make things happen. It's a fantastic environment to work in, to learn a lot and with great benefits.

Cons

I don't see any cons yet. Everything is pretty cool. If you don't like what you are doing you can easily switch to another team, which is encouraged to ensure people are doing what they are best at.

There are newer employer reviews for Facebook