Facebook
www.facebook.com Menlo Park, CA 5000+ Employees

Disappointing, boring.

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook full-time for less than a year

ProsPerks, free and delicious food, free other stuff, 21 days vacation, good for resume.
Free schedule, nice office, gym onsite etc.

ConsThey say they're chaotic. IMO, it's a too fancy word for that. I would say that the code-base is a mess. The corporate value "move fast and break things" is understood too literally by some engineers. That's why the product is very unstable and the UI beyond two most frequently used pages is clunky. The job is boring. Things gets done extremely slow and the quality is very far from being perfect.
Too much of narcissism (we're building an awesome product, we provide really sick user experience, we're ninjas, batmans and supermans etc. etc. etc.). Maybe it's good for some people, but not for me.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advise

Awesome place to intern

Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee)
Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook as an intern for less than a year

Pros: - Very open culture, very little secrecy - Lots of benefits (free food, gym, unlimited… Cons: - Intern management was not as great. - Won't always get the… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the culture. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Simply Great

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Amazing work environment, friendly co-workers, and a huge salary. Cons: They should recruit from every society. Thr is hardly anything… Advice to Senior Management: Do come to MNNIT for campus recruitment. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Facebook.

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Facebook reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg. All reviews posted anonymously by Facebook employees.