There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

Best place I've worked.

I worked at Facebook full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are generous (food, laundry, commuter shuttles, etc). Most coworkers were truly intelligent, friendly and hard-working. Focus on efficiency, depending on the team. No emphasis on face time. Little politics given the current size of the company though they exist.

Cons

Getting larger and beginning to exhibit large company characteristics: moving slower, less outstanding new hires, great folks leaving. Focus on retention didn't seem to be there, but then again, I left.

Mobile app is slow. Too many new hires. Saw a lot of teams scale very quickly without the work to justify the additional heads.

794 Other Employee Reviews for Facebook (View Most Recent)

In-crowd or out the door

Current Employee - Online Operations Associate in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Online Operations Associate in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits like free gym access, meals, snacks, bonus money for having kids, etc. Great technology to work with. Talented engineers create inventive tools that enable non-technical staff to do their jobs with ease. Genuinely nice and honest people can be found in every team.

Cons

From what I've seen in my time on multiple teams here, managers come in from different companies, take over teams, hire their own friends primarily from their previous companies, and then give the promotions to those people in a very short time. You may spend years hearing praise for the work you do, but it's never backed up with promotions. Also, this is not a good place to work if you are at all introverted, value family life more than work life, or prefer to work a normal person's schedule. If you are in a non-technical role, you also have little chance of seeing any kind of career advancement. Large divide in pay between people on the same teams and little transparency into the payment and growth processes.

Additionally, most employees share a highly liberal political stance, which drives the culture in a mostly positive way, but it also requires that everyone agrees with the mindset. Those that have differing values can expect to feel ostracized.

Finally, the treatment of vendors and contractors (including facilities staff, janitors, kitchen staff, security guards, and receptionists, among others) by employees can be staggeringly disappointing, embarrassing, and offensive. There is so much of a sense of entitlement upon employees that many seem to view others as second-class citizens.

Recognize people for their hard work more than how close of friends they are with you. Listen to people that may offer criticism for the way things are run even if it is not the most popular view.

Best decision I've ever made coming to work here.

Current Employee - Product Specialist
    Current Employee - Product Specialist

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You are challenged daily, surrounded by the best and the brightest, and you work on a product that touches real people's lives.

Cons

How can I ever work somewhere else?

There are newer employer reviews for Facebook