Facebook

www.facebook.com

Does not "connect" with contractors

Current Employee - Legal Triage Technician  in  Menlo Park, CA
Current Employee - Legal Triage Technician in Menlo Park, CA

Pros

Free food. Free transportation. Get to put Facebook on your resume. Casual work attire.

Cons

If you are a CONTRACTOR you will be treated like a second class citizen, you will have no voice. Will not be considered for advancement, even if there are positions available. Actual employees work less than the contractors. FB hires contractors to do work that will be constantly needed, front desk, kitchen staff, IT Help Desk to name a few. It's as if they don't want the "help" to be officially apart of their team. The FB you see online is not the same as in the office.

You have more than enough money. Hire people and give them job security. Especially for people that are doing jobs that won't be going away. 2+ years as a "contractor"......Give me a break!

Other reviews for Facebook

Move fast, learn a ton, and have fun

Current Employee - Team Lead  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Austin, TX

Pros

I never knew a company could move so fast and get so much done while still kind of being out of control. The norm wasn't to follow a policy or to go by the book, but instead to continually innovate and ask why we do things the way we do. I was constantly challenged by the high caliber of my peers around me. I worry that I may never find such a great work environment again.

Cons

Work/life balance is great at Facebook, IF your entire life is Facebook. The lines begin to blur fairly early on between personal and work. This probably isn't a problem for the majority of early 20 somethings working at FB, but I found it challenging as a 30 something with kids.

Great and fun company to work for

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

Pros

- Large array of projects from front-end to back-end
    - Freedom to choose any project or team after 6 week bootcamp on starting
    - Flexibility in switching teams. Very easy to switch to a new project after finishing with one
    - Open company culture. There are no secrets, the CEO meets weekly for a Q&A where anything can be asked
    - Flexible hours, breakfast-lunch-dinner provided
    - Completely in charge of own schedule. Only given deadline, and how you get the project done is up to you.
    - Very friendly and accessible management

Cons

- Sometimes the dev tools are out dated. If you want to always work in the newest IDEs then you may have to set that up yourself on your own work system
    - Flexible hours may turn into always working late if not careful with time/perk management

There are newer employer reviews for Facebook.

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!