Facebook

www.facebook.com
  www.facebook.com
There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

The brilliance of Facebook community power

Former Employee - Intern in New Delhi (India)
Former Employee - Intern in New Delhi (India)

I worked at Facebook as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Apart from the obvious salary perks and the added benefits. The best reason is you get to work on something you like, also the sense of significance and contribution. The code is shipped sometimes in a week and even in three days. There's no next year here.

Cons

Though there is this sense of contribution, working in facebook soon begins to take its toil on you. There is hardly any time left for doing anything else and the projects at work are often so complicated that they occupy your mind long after you have left the office.

The tricky questions are fun but I think are unnecessary

817 Other Employee Reviews for Facebook (View Most Recent)

Amazing place to work and learn

Current Employee - Media Solutions in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Media Solutions in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Career development has been a focus throughout my time in Facebook
    Change is a constant so you are not allowed to sit in the casual zone which helps keep the performance high
    The teams are full of the most talented people I have ever had the pleasure of working with

Cons

Sometimes you have little to no control of where your job is going, it feels like you are last to know about any changes to your job

Try be more open when making changes and ask for the opinion of the people who are impacted. I believe in moving fast and it is something we all do in Facebook but some clarity on where we are moving is needed sometimes

A great ride!

I worked at Facebook full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great development opportunities, very interesting products to work with, access to new technologies. An overall very challenging environment with a great culture and diversity. Excellent perks!

Cons

Work / life balance is sometimes askew, particularly in smaller teams (that are usually dedicated to emerging markets). Some offices might experience a rather startup-y environment, as opposed to the headquarters or large offices.

There are newer employer reviews for Facebook