There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

Great company to work at

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Menlo Park, CA
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Work with great people and learn things. Moves really fast and new projects are being built all the time. The culture is very open. Very few things to worry about so that you can focus on your stuff.

Cons

Long work time, but that is somewhat related to how much impact you want to make. Also everything (e.g. meals, food, gym etc.) tends to keep you at the campus. Not sure if this is good for family.

746 Other Employee Reviews for Facebook (View Most Recent)

My favorite company by far among the 6 I've worked for across 20+ years in tech

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

opportunity for impact is still very large for most roles. Company is mission driven so if you're fired up about the mission that gives you a lot of momentum each day and most of the people around you are driven by the same thing.

Cons

while I appreciate all of the benefits (laundry, amazing free food, etc) it gets a little silly after a while and occasionally creates an icky sense of entitlement.

It's been said before, but: Move Fast and Break Things!

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The campus is beautiful. The work is immediately gratifying, as you're working on the website/app that literally over a billion people use the world over. The people are great, the food is free and incredible, and the benefits and perks in general are flat out impeccable. The work is challenging, and you're always growing. This place definitely has got many, many strengths.

Cons

The work-life balance can be difficult. You're judged by the amount of work you put out, which is fair, but to keep up you may need to regularly work 10 hours per day. I'd often see people put in even more hours each day. But then again, if you're incredibly skilled, you could probably get away with less than 8 hours per day.

You're making smart decisions. Keep doing that.

There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!