There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

wild ride, decent pay, demanding standards

Former Employee - Operations Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
Former Employee - Operations Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-life changing experience -work on world class infrastructure -dynamite resume material -make hundreds of connections with other people in the industry, as they filter out to other companies over several years you will have connections everywhere -Interview training. Your interview game for the next job will be vastly improved. -Perf evaluations pretty fair. -Worth it. You can pivot your experience at Facebook into a job anywhere else, often with less stress and more money. Lots of companies use Facebook a recruiting filter.

Cons

-Work/life balance. -The technical bar for managers is very high, which means a lot of them aren't actually very good managers. -Perf evaluations are about impact, and that basically means glory laden projects. Don't count on your manager, you need to make it rain.

Advice to Management

When I think of IC quality at Facebook, my impression is universally excellent, exceptions are even better than that. I have never seen a greater concentration of awesome. That is not what I think of the quality of managers at Facebook. Some are pretty bad.

Other Employee Reviews for Facebook

1. Best place I have ever worked

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with, and a fantastic culture. Lots of different areas to work and good mobility which greatly reduces one chances of ending up bored.

Cons

There's a lot to keep up with, and keeping abreast of such a rapidly changing company can be a challenge at times.

2. Excellent

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Open culture, everything is transparent to everyone; move fast like a startup rather an big company; engineer here is very nice

Cons

too many good food, you have to control your mouse from gaining too much weight; it is IPO so not much change to getting rich