There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

It really IS the #1 place to work!

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I heard great things about Facebook as a company, both on glassdoor and various other sources. It has lived up to, and even exceeded all my expectations. All the perks are great, and make Facebook truly awesome, but the core parts of working here are also great. The people are not only genius, but there's ALSO very cool to work with. People here are satisfied, and aren't constantly trying to be better than their peers. There is a strong team mentality here where you work hard, and if you lag, u get help, if they lag you help, all with zero ego.

Cons

Given that it's the "hacker company," code quality, especially on native mobile platforms can be poor. This means it can require more elbow grease to do otherwise simple things. They're also opportunities for us refactor and clean up important parts of the code base, and that's highly valued as well by peers and managers. If you're looking for an emmaculate code base, where you have design and specification docs, cleanly factored code everywhere, go work for another (more boring) company, but if you're interested in building the next hot feature without hinderances, come work here.

Advice to Management

Let's build more apps!!! Also, I love how we can choose our teams after bootcamp then switch in a year or two, please keep this up. "Hackamonth" is an wonderful idea. Keep up 3 day hackathons, not just 1 day, even if we have to do them a bit less frequently... There's nothing like a day of hacking, then a night of dreaming how to make it better, then repeating twice.

0 reviews filtered by