Facebook

www.facebook.com

A heaven for an engineer!

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsI moved here from a larger stable company where I was also working as a software engineer, and I have just been wow-ed! Apart from the amazing perks, I work with a set of very dedicated, determined and intelligent folks, which is really the best part of working here.

- Co-workers are mostly rockstars!
- Lots of resources to learn - 7 months into my job and I feel I am already a much better engineer.
- Lots of importance on what YOU want to work on, versus what your manager thinks you should work on. You can freely talk to your manager and find an intersection between your interests and the company/product needs.
- Everything is automated (again by rockstar teams), and processes are made as simple as possible.
- Great pay, stocks and bonuses.
- Amazing perks! Lots of food choices, great campus, regular team happy hours with great food, and the list goes on and on.

Cons- Work-life balance almost 0 on weekdays! I spend the entire day working/thinking about work. But that is what I was looking for. Weekends are upto you - most people do not work.
- Lots of process changes in short periods of time - so you are constantly climbing the learning curve. But this maybe specific to the product I work on.

Awesome place to work that has huge impact, lots of fun, and a ton to learn

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros: Huge impact on billions of people while working with awesome, insanely intelligent coworkers at a pleasant office. Great free… Cons: Being on-call and dealing with lots of product uncertainty. Long commute… Advice to Senior Management: There's nothing I'd advice them that I wouldn't and haven't… – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good company to work with

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Facebook

Pros: Highly motivated environment. Good compensation and benefits. Decent outdoor activities.… Cons: Office location is little obscure and isolated. Food is free but… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Facebook.

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!