There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

A heaven for an engineer!

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I moved here from a larger stable company where I was also working as a software engineer, and I have just been wow-ed! Apart from the amazing perks, I work with a set of very dedicated, determined and intelligent folks, which is really the best part of working here. - Co-workers are mostly rockstars! - Lots of resources to learn - 7 months into my job and I feel I am already a much better engineer. - Lots of importance on what YOU want to work on, versus what your manager thinks you should work on. You can freely talk to your manager and find an intersection between your interests and the company/product needs. - Everything is automated (again by rockstar teams), and processes are made as simple as possible. - Great pay, stocks and bonuses. - Amazing perks! Lots of food choices, great campus, regular team happy hours with great food, and the list goes on and on.

Cons

- Work-life balance almost 0 on weekdays! I spend the entire day working/thinking about work. But that is what I was looking for. Weekends are upto you - most people do not work. - Lots of process changes in short periods of time - so you are constantly climbing the learning curve. But this maybe specific to the product I work on.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Nice place to work. Interesting problems.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice fast paced culture, that encourages folks to take risks. Smart set of co-workers. Nice perks. Laundary, food, loaded micro-kitchens, pay etc etc.

Cons

Can be a little haphazad. Managers are promoted in-house, and sometimes they can be inexperienced or not very good. Timelines can be aggressive.

Awesome place to work that has huge impact, lots of fun, and a ton to learn

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Huge impact on billions of people while working with awesome, insanely intelligent coworkers at a pleasant office. Great free food and perks. Lots of autonomy and big problems to solve. Engineer driven culture. Down to earth, available CEO.

Cons

Being on-call and dealing with lots of product uncertainty. Long commute if you live in SF. Work-life balance tends to steer toward work.

Advice to Management

There's nothing I'd advice them that I wouldn't and haven't said in person.